Monthly Events / Community Happenings / Yard Sales
Advertising Unlimited, Inc.
|YOUR BUSINESS AD HERE
Link your website to your ad!
FREE for non-profit organizations, churches, animal adoptions, etc., in Horry and
Georgetown counties. Email information to: Free843and854@gmail.com
FREE YARD SALE NOTICES.
POKEMON KIDS CLUB meet at Socastee Library Saturdays from 3 to 3:45 PM. 843-
KIDS CHESS CLUB meets in Socastee Library Saturday from 4 to 4:45 PM. 843-504-
JUNE LOCAL EVENTS:
- Sun Fun Festival - June 1, 2, 3. See page 8 for scheduled events!
- 2018 Waccamaw Arts & Crafts Guild Juried Show - Recurring weekly on Sunday,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday until June 10, 10-4PM.Franklin
G. Burroughs - Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum, 3100 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle
Beach. 843-907-6875. Fine art show including a variety of media. The artwork in
the show was selected from a large number of entries. Most of the artwork is for
sale. There were 7 awards presented out of 75 accepted works. Come see what
our regional artists have created.
- North Inlet Paddle - Through September 5, 8:30-1PM. Hobcaw Barony Discovery
Center/North Inlet-Winyah Bay Estuarine Research Reserve. 22 Hobcaw Road,
Georgetown, 843-904-9017. Join the Reserve and Surf the Earth for a naturalist-
guided tour through the creeks of North Inlet. The program includes instruction in
basic kayaking, a natural history overview, and educational highlights of the North
Inlet ecosystem. Wear sturdy shoes, bring water, snack, and camera/binoculars (if
desired). Cost: $50/person, weather permitting. Limited to 6 participants so call to
- Feeding Frenzy through August 17, 1-2:00PM. Hobcaw Barony Discovery
Center/North Inlet-Winyah Bay Estuarine Research Reserve, 22 Hobcaw Road
Georgetown, 843-904-9017. Help Reserve staff feed hungry exhibit critters,
including our North Inlet fishes, crabs, turtles, snakes, and alligator learn about the
animals’ biology and natural habitats. Free event but call before to register.
- Brookgreen Gardens Summer Lights Festival - Recurring weekly on Wednesday,
Thursday, Friday, Saturday until August 18. 1931 Brookgreen Dr., Murrells Inlet. 7-
10 PM. 800-849-1931. Brookgreen will close at 5:00 p.m as usual, and re-open
from 7:00 p.m. to 10 p.m. Based on famous Chinese Lantern Festivals, this exhibit
will inhabit Brookgreen’s Lowcountry Zoo with larger-than-life, illuminated silk
lantern sculptures in a variety of native animals, insects, and plants. The festival will
also include games, performances, crafts for kids, and local food truck vendors.
Tickets will be available at Brookgreen.org. Ticket prices for members are: adults
$5.00 and children 4-12 $10.00, non-members $20.00 and children 4-12 $15.00.
Children 3 and under are free. More information visit Brookgreen.org
- Docent Coordinator - Recurring weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,
Thursday, Friday until October 31. Prince George, Winyah, Episcopal Church, 300
Broad Street, Georgetown. Noon-3 PM. 843-344-8116. Prince George, Winyah,
Episcopal Church, opened in 1747, is one of the few Colonial churches that has not
altered its interior. FREE of charge, donations gratefully appreciated. Occupied by
British troops during the Revolutionary War and by Union troops in the War
Between the States, the church has never closed for worship.
- Movies on the Water at Marina Park hosted by Grande Dunes - June 1, 8:25PM.
The Greatest Showman; June 15, We Bought a Zoo. 8201 Marina Parkway, Myrtle
Beach. Concession available, bring your own blankets and lawn chairs!
- 23rd Annual Corvettes at Myrtle Beach - June 2, 9-3:00 PM. Broadway at the
Beach, 1325 Celebrity Circle, Myrtle Beach. Last year exceeded 300 cars and
raised over $22,000 for our two selected charities. Admission to view these fine
cars is free. All proceeds go to our two selected charities. This years charities are
Veterans Welcome Home and Resource Center and ALL4PAWS.
- The Morris Brothers - Bluegrass Concert - June 2, 1-4:00 PM. Horry County
Museum, 805 Main Street, Conway, 843-915-5320. The Morris Brothers have been
playing music together for 44 years. For more information about programs for
2018, visit the museum website at www.horrycountymuseum.org.
- Coastal Classic Volleyball Tournament - June 2-3. Myrtle Beach Conventions
Center, 2101 North Oak St., Myrtle Beach. Visit coastalclassicvolleyball.com for
- Petco Adoption Event - June 2-3, 11-2PM. The Humane Society of North Myrtle
Beach will be at the North Myrtle Beach Petco with dogs available for adoption. 596
Highway 17 North, North Myrtle Beach,
- Brookgreen Art Festival - June 2-3, 9:30-4PM. Brookgreen Gardens, 1931
Brookgreen Drive, Murrells Inlet, 843-235-6000. Talk with local and regional artists
and authors. Brookgreen invites selected artists and authors to sell their works,
meet with visitors and give demonstrations. The festival is free with garden
- Surfside Beach Sunday Serenades - June 3 and every Sunday until September 30
weather permitting, 2:00-5:00PM. Passive Park, Surfside Drive, Surfside Beach.
843-650-9548. Hear great local musicians in an outdoor concert. Passive Park is
located across from the Surfside Beach Library.
- Big Band and Dance Event - June 3, 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM . Myrtle Beach Base
Recreation Center, 800 Gabrewski Lane Myrtle Beach, 703-795-0650. Starts with a
swing lesson at 2:30 PM , followed by dancing until 5 PM. Light refreshments
provided. Visit ballroomdancepreservation.com for more information.
- Fireworks at Barefoot Landing - June 4, 10PM. Every monday night over the lake
throughout the summer.
- Cool Summer Evenings Concert Series - June 3; June 10; June 17; June 24th;
Every Sunday through August 19th, 7-9PM. Brookgreen Gardens, 1931
Brookgreen Drive, Murrells Inlet, 843-235-6000. Pavilion Concert Field - Oak Allée
Bring a lawn chair and find your favorite spot under the shade of the Live Oaks to
enjoy our Cool Summer Evenings concerts. Sing along, dance and enjoy the talents
of local and regional favorite bands. Beverages and light refreshments are
available for purchase.
- Fireworks Extravaganza at Broadway at the Beach - June 5 and every Tuesday
night through August 28, 10PM.
- Surfside Beach Hula Show - June 5, 12, 19, 26. 7-8PM. Surfside Beach Pier, Ocean
Boulevard, Surfside Beach, 843-650-9548. Hula show on the beach, weather
- Museum Matinee: D-Day Remembered - June 6, 1-2:00PM. Horry County Museum,
805 Main Street, Conway. 843-915-5320. This locally produced documentary
profiles the events of “Operation Overload,” the Allied invasion of German-occupied
France, which bean on “D-Day” June 6, 1944. The joint military operation involved
more than 150,000 Allied troops, almost 5,000 ships and landing craft, 13,000
aircraft, 3,500 airborne gliders, and more than 2-million tons of equipment. The film
is free. For a full list of films, visit our website at www.horrycountymuseum.org. For
more information, call the Horry County Museum at 843-915-5320 or e-mail
- SummerFest at Barefoot Landing - June 6-Sept. 1, 7PM. Live music and free
entertainment! Come and see strolling boardwalk entertainers from musicians, stilt
walkers, magicians and much, much more!
- Surfside Beach Crafter’s Cove - June 6, 13, 20, 27, 9:30 -11:00 AM. Surfside
Beach Pier, Ocean Boulevard, Surfside Beach, 843-650-9548. Conducted by the
Children’s Museum for children ages 10 & under. Contact Debbie Ellis for more
information or email@example.com
- Music on Main - 5-9PM. June 7, JB’s Jam n Jazz Band (Motown/Dance/Variety);
June 14, Envision (Beach/Motown); June 21,Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot
(Beach/Variety); June 28, Entertainers (Beach).
- Carolina Country Music Fest - June 7-10, 812 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach.
Outdoor country music festival. Visit carolinacountrymusicfest.com for complete
- Movies at McLean Park - June 8, begins 15 minutes after sunset weather
permitting. McLean Park, 93 Oak Drive, North Myrtle Beach Despicable Me 3.
Bring your beach chair, blanket, grab popcorn and a drink from the North Myrtle
Beach Lions Club. Visit parks.nmb.us for more information or call (843) 280-5594
- Palm Charter High School 1st Annual Run/Walk for the Checkered Flag - June 9,
8AM-11AM. Myrtle Beach Speedway, 455 Hospitality Lane Myrtle Beach. 843-903-
6600. Help raise money for the only Motorsports High School in the nation. After
the race there is an after party at the Amphitheater with prizes, refreshments,
music, vendors and concessions will be available as well. For more information go
to www.palmsc.org or call Palm Charter High School.
- Trinity Myrtle Beach Soccer Camp for ages 4-11 - June 11-15, 9am-Noon. YMCA
Soccer Fields, 904 65th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. $60 per child (Family Max $120).
Children will experience an exciting environment that encourages them to be
healthy and pursue the game of soccer. Each day will include soccer teaching,
drills, a Gospel message and conclude with healthy competition. We will have a
celebration cookout and water game party at Trinity on the last day of camp, after
scrimmages. Visit trinitymyrtlebeach.org for more information.
- Movies under the Stars - June 13, Market Common, Valor Park, starts at dusk
(approximate 9PM). Showing WONDER. Bring a blanket or lawn chair and the
- Museum Matinee: The Last Ride - June 13, 1-2:00PM. Horry County Museum, 805
Main Street, Conway, 843-915-5320. Memories of the Myrtle Beach Pavilion, part of
he Carolina Stories Series by SCETV. For nearly 60 years, the Pavilion was
synonymous with music, rides, and fun in the sun. Like a whirling dervish, it was a
heady time at the popular beach front handout. During the hour long program, man-
on-the-street conversations give viewers a glimpse back in time where teens
cruised the strip and beach music ruled, providing momentum for South Carolina’s
celebrated dance, “The Shag.” The film is free to the public and will be shown a 1:
00 PM, Wednesday, June 13th, at the Horry County Museum, located at 805 Main
Street, in Conway. The Horry County Museum Documentary Film Matinees will
continue throughout 2018. For a full list of films, visit our website at www.
horrycountymuseum.org. For more information, call the Horry County Museum at
843-915-5320 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sounds of Summer Concert Series - June 15, 7-9PM. The Paul Grimshaw Band
/Classic & Roots Rock. Enjoy an evening with your family and friends listening to
live music at the amphitheater under the stars. Each concert will feature a different
band playing family friendly music. Bring a beach chair or blanket. Snacks and
drinks will be available for purchase. Tobacco products, coolers, outside food and
beverages are not allowed. NMB Park & Sports Complex at the Sandhills Bank
Amphitheater in the McLeod Seacoast Meadow, 150 Citizens Circle, Little River.
FREE Admission & Open to all ages.
- Clay Walker at The Beaver Bar in Murrells Inlet - June 15, 7:00 PM. Visit www.etix.
com for $30 ticket purchase.
- Rivertown Wine-Around - June 16, 2-5:00 PM. Spend Saturday afternoon exploring
Downtown Conway. Along the way visit a variety of Downtown shops offering tasting
of 15 wines. Tickets are $22 and include a tasting glass. Attendees must be 21 to
purchase tickets for this event and IDs will be verified at the check-in. conwayalive.
- Homes for Heroes Charity Golf Tournament - June 16, 2-7:00 PM. Man O’ War Golf
Course, 5601 Leeshire Blvd., Myrtle Beach, 843-222-5974. Shotgun Start 2:00 PM
Captain’s Choice Format $200 per team.
- Mopars At The Beach - June 19-24. Various locations in Myrtle Beach, Surfside
Beach, Murrells Inlet, and Pawleys Island. 864-325-9660. Mopar enthusiasts from
all around gather during this multi-day event to share their passion for the Mopar
brand. The annual event is sponsored by Coastal Carolina Mopars, a 501(c)(3)
non-profit car club, and all proceeds from the event go to help support two local
charities, Quilts of Valor and Teach My People. Visit moparsatthebeach.org for
- Zookeeper For The Day - June 20. Brookgreen Gardens, 1931 Brookgreen Drive,
Murrells Inlet. Guests age 12 and older gain a firsthand look at working in a zoo
and spend the day helping zookeepers with their daily routine of feeding, cleaning,
and animal care. Call 843-235-6049 for more information or to make a reservation.
- The Market Common Concerts on The Green - June 21. Valor Park, Market
Common. The Tim Clark Band performing 7-10PM. Bring lawn chairs, blankets,
the kids and even the fur babies. No coolers or outside drinks allowed.
Concessions available serving soft drinks, beer, wine, and snacks.
- Ballroom Dancing for Alzheimer’s - June 21, 6-9 p.m. Base Recreation Center, 800
Gabreski Lane, Myrtle Beach. Enjoy dancing to the Starduster Big Band or just
listen as the Ballroom Dance Preservation Society raises money to support
Alzheimer’s awareness. A spokesperson will discuss the importance of the mental,
physical and social aspects of a healthy lifestyle to reduce the risk of dementia.
Food, silent auction, prize walk, dance demo and lots of music and dancing to
celebrate this Summer Solstice Longest Day of the Year Event. For more
information call 703-795-0650.
- RCC Annual Golf Tournament for Survivors - June 23, Whispering Pines Golf
Course, 900 Harrelson Blvd., Myrtle Beach, Lunch, non-alcoholic beverages and
cart fees included. Proceeds to benefit the Rape Crisis Center who serves
survivors of sexual assault by offering counseling, a 24 hour crisis line, legal
advocacy, hospital accompaniment, and much more, at no charge to the victim.
For more information visit victimtosurvivor.org
- Art In The Park - June 23-24, 10-4:00 PM. Chapin Park, 1400 N.Kings Hwy., Myrtle
- Movies under the Stars - June 27, Market Common, Valor Park, starts at dusk
(approximate 9PM). Showing PADDINGTON 2. Bring a blanket or lawn chair and
the whole family.
- Museum Matinee: Birth of a Nation: The Making of the Declaration of Independence
- June 27, 1-2:00PM. Horry County Museum, 1-2PM. Horry County Musuem, 805
Main Street, Conway.
- Concert Series on the Lawn hosted by Grande Dunes - June 28, 5:30 PM - 8:30
PM. 8201 Marina Parkway, Myrtle Beach. Bring lawn chairs/blankets. Food and
beverages will be available for purchase.
- Conway Riverfest - June 30, 11-10:00PM. Riverfront Park, 6 Elm Street Conway,
JULY UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Carolina Forest Community Church Sports Ministry Football/Cheerleading
Registration - July 1. 843-903-4681.
- 2018 Bourbon Street Charity Golf Tournament - July 1, 1PM. Pine Lakes Country
Club, 5603 Granddaddy Dr., Myrtle Beach. Get your team signed up for our annual
charity golf tournament! This year we will be benefiting The Grand Strand Humane
Society. This event is all about a good time on the links and raising some money for
the pets to be rescued. Get signed up early. Call 843-712-1083 for more
- 4th of July with the Indigo Choral Society - 7:30-9:30PM. Kaminski House Museum,
1003 Front Street Georgetown, 843-520-4750. 22nd annual concert on the lawn of
the Kaminski House Museum. The program will open with a flag honor guard
followed by the National Anthem. The concert will include Americana, Carolina-
themed songs and a salute to our Armed Forces. So bring your lawn chairs,
blankets and picnic baskets to celebrate with the Indigo Choral Society.
- July 4th on The MarshWalk - 4:00 PM. 4025 Hwy. 17 Business, Murrell’s Inlet.
Annual Boat Parade, July 4,, The boat parade begins from Garden City Point at
4PM (as long as the tide cooperates). Parade goes through the inlet, past the
MarshWalk and south to Morse Park Landing. July 4th Fireworks Show, 10PM.After
enjoying the Annual Boat Parade, be sure to watch the Grand Strand’s largest
aerial fireworks show starting at 10pm. The sky will fill with colors of red, white, blue
and beyond for an incredible, awe-inspiring 20 minute fireworks show.
- Myrtle Beach Independence Day 8K/5K/1 Mile - July 4, 8-10AM. Valor Park at The
Market Common, 1150 Farrow Parkway, Myrtle Beach, 843-267-7443. Visit
myrtlebeachfestivalpromotions.com for more informaton and registration.
|FREE PICTURE ADS FOR THE LOCALS!
For sale by owner merchandise, located in Horry / Georgetown county,
priced at $100 or more, and a phone number for contact.
Mail picture to
JUNE YARD SALE
- NEIGHBORHOOD YARD SALE / WORTHINGTON ESTATES -
Saturday, June 2, 8am-noon. Community Sale with lots of
treasures to recycle! Please respect: No smoking and No
parking on grass (park on the one same side as the traffic) –
Parking on both sides of the circle is too tight, and may cause
an accident. Furniture, Lenox, Legos, Waterford Crystal,
lamps, clothes (Chicos, Polo, Hartstrings, etc), Christmas,
Easter, Beautiful 8’ Christmas Tree, Thomas the Train &
Track, 4 Wolfard Oil Lamps, golf stuff, jewelry, books,
antiques, household items, etc. CASH only – bring lots and
lots of cash! No checks. Socastee Area: 1.3 miles from
Backgate of former Air Force Base (Market Common – Hwy
17) to Hwy. 707, by CVS as the landmark. Right on Folly
Road. If you pass Family Dollar, you have traveled too far.
3/10 mile to Worthington Circle, on your right. Folly Road is
across from the new Socastee Elementary School, but before
the stop light.
- CHURCH YARD, CRAFT, & VENDOR SALE - June 2, 7AM-
2PM, rain or shine. Something for everyone! Church of the
Resurrection, 8901 US Highway 17 Bypass South, Surfside
Beach. Gigantic yard sale, too many items to list. Come find
that treasure you have been looking for. Hot dogs, bake sale,
crafts, and vendors. All proceeds benefit the Church of the
- YARD SALE - June 8 & 9, 8AM-1PM. General merchandise,
household items, knives, Sharp cash register and Sharp
adding machine with all the accessories including paper, all
for $75. Captain's Cove, 13 Buccaneer, St., Murrells Inlet.
- GOOD SHEPHERD ANGLICAN CHURCH YARD SALE - June
16, 7-1PM. 700 35th Ave. N. in Myrtle Beach.