Monthly Events / Community Happenings / Yard Sales
Advertising Unlimited, Inc.
|YOUR BUSINESS AD HERE
Link your website to your ad!
FREE for non-profit organizations, churches, animal adoptions, etc., in Horry and
FREE YARD SALE NOTICES.
Events can change OR change at any time, please be sure to check with the event
organizer before attending.
- WILLS PREPARED by law firm for husband and wife, or significant other PLUS
ROUND THE CLOCK LEGAL PROTECTION AND ADVICE - $29.95. Call Bill for
details and web site 843-446-9782.
- CERTIFIED NURSES AID to take care of your loved one. Compassionate, very
loyal, dependable with own transportation, and excellent references. 843-222-
- GEORGETOWN COUNTY FIRST STEPS are now accepting bids to assist and
facilitate our new 3k program. Our new program will implement and assist to train,
hire, and supervise staff to support services to children to be successful in the
coming years of their education. Please send bids to 2018 Church St.
Georgetown, SC. Or call 843-520-1830 for more information.
- SOVEREIGN GRACE REFORMED BAPTIST CHURCH invites you to join us every
Lord’s Day for 10 am Prayer Meeting and 11AM Worship Service held in upper
room of Lighthouse Book Store at 2104 Main Street, Conway SC. For more
information call Pastor Brian Pendleton at 843-241-5587 or email at
- DO YOU HAVE FAMILY OR FRIEND(S) STRUGGLING WITH DRUG ADDICTION?
Nar-anon is an anonymous support group for you. Sundays, 7PM, 1147 Robert
Grissom Pkwy., first floor of CORE Fitness; Thursdays, 7PM, 506 9th Ave N.,
behind church in Music Center.
- TRY MY NEW, ALL-NATURAL, BLESSED SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER, BODY
WASH FOR FREE! Just send $10 (in Cash, Check, or MO) to cover Postage,
Shipping and Handling expenses to: Alice Maurer, PO Box 119, Murrells Inlet, SC
29576. Thank you and have a Blessed day! Trial size available only. Limited
time offer. Be sure to include your return name and address information for
- GETTING MARRIED in Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach, Murrells Inlet or any place
of your choice, anytime, with 24 hour notice. Call Richard, Notary Public 843-215-
8352 for appointment. $25 plus travel.
- LINE DANCING WITH SONIA FORMERLY WITH DANCERUS, NEW YORK - This
class is a low intermediate class for the dancers that has a background in the
basic steps. Great music, rock, pop, latin, big band and country. Make new
friends and exercise at the same time. First class is FREE. This class is on going
all year long. Residents of the City of Myrtle Beach can swip a card for $23 / 10
visits two hours each ($2.30 per class) Thursdays 10-12 noon. At the Base
Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, Myrtle Beach, S.C. 29577. 843 918-
2380. Feel free to call Sonia 843-945-1061 email Dancerus.email@example.com
- MOVING SALE - Piano, $190; New Inversion table, $90; stainless steel BBQ, $75;
Wrought iron wine rack with shelf, $60; Self-propelled lawn mower, $100; Outdoor
patio set, glass top, $50; Weight rack, heavy duty, $25; Glass mirror, 48x26, $20;
Cream color wicker entertainment center, $80; Schwinn jogging stroller, $60; 3
tier cement outdoor fountain, $85; Air compressor, 5 gallon, $60; Epson
projector, $150 / paid $1200. 702-539-3860 or 843-839-1282.
- LARGE GARAGE SALE - Thursday and Friday, October 6th & 7th, 946 Folly Rd.,
Myrtle Beach, 29588 in Socastee. 8am-2pm. furniture, household, ladies and men’
s clothes (lots of ladies shoes), wigs, power drills, table saw, tents, golf clubs,
throw rugs, shelving, luggage, porta potty, walkers, old 45’s and LP records, and
- MYRTLE TRACE SOUTH COMMUNITY YARD SALE - Saturday, October 7, 8AM-
12noon. Take Hwy. 501 to Burning Ridge Golf Course; OR Hwy. 544 to Myrtle
Ridge Dr. to Sand Ridge Rd. Follow pink balloons and signs.
- YARD SALE - Saturday, Oct 21 8-1pm. 501 Garden Drive, Surfside Beach.
Dining room set with server, desk, kitchen items, microwaves, Christmas, tons of
tools, lights, plumbing, so much more. Low, low, low prices and good condition.
- LARGE INDOOR GARAGE SALE - 946 Folly Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29588. 843
-293-7782. Saturday, Nov. 7th, 8 -2. Table and 4 chairs, couch, end tables,
cookware cast iron and more, meat grinder, Ladies 10-12 and men’s 38-40
clothes, nice ladies shoes 7-8, luggage, home décor, wall mirrors, name brand
ladies wigs, power and a table saws, drills, luggage, golf clubs balls and carts,
electrical wire, 95 ft heavy duty extension cord 54ft ¾” rope, porta potty,
wheelchair, walkers, and much more!
- MULTIPLE YARD SALES - Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Nov. 9, 10, & 11. 8-
2PM. Tools, misc. items, hunting knives, and household, coca-cola
items/collectibles and so much more. Buccaneer Street, Captain's Cove off
Pendergrass in Murrells Inlet.
OCTOBER LOCAL EVENTS:
- FREE EVENT LISTINGS FOR ALL NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS, CHURCHES,
SCHOOLS, ANIMAL RESCUE GROUPS, OR FUND-RAISERS TO HELP LOCALS
IN NEED DUE TO HARD TIMES / DISASTERS, ETC. E-Mail the information to:
Free843and854@yahoo.com Please keep in mind our paper is a monthly
publication so send in the information a month ahead.
- Please be sure to check with the event organization before attending for
cancellations or changes. We have listed phone numbers or websites as much
as possible for your convenience.
- Myrtle Beach Bike Week Fall Rally - Oct. 2-8
- North Inlet Paddle - October 2, 22 Hobcaw Road, Georgetown, 9-1:00 PM. 843-
904-9017 / Call to register. Join the Reserve and Surf the Earth for a naturalist-
guided tour through the creeks of North Inlet. The program includes instruction in
basic kayaking, a natural history overview, and educational highlights of the North
Inlet ecosystem. Wear sturdy shoes, bring water, snack, and camera/binoculars
(if desired). Cost: $50/person; weather permitting; limited to 6 participants.
- Fright Nights On The Boardwalk - Friday and Saturday nights Oct. 3-Nov. 1. Face
your fears at Plyler Park, 9th Ave. North and the alley between I Love Sugar and
Nightmare Haunted House!
- War Birds: Diary of an Unknown Aviator - Oct. 4, 1-2PM. Horry County Museum,
805 Main Street, Conway. Walter Hill 843-915-5320 / hcgmuseum@horrycounty.
- Pawleys Island Festival of Music & Art - Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, Oct.
5- Oct. 21. The Reserve Golf Club of Pawleys Island, 18 Reserve Drive, Pawleys
Island, 7-10PM. 843-626-8911 website: pawleysmusic.com One of the East Coast’
s most beloved music and arts festivals. Each year thousands of locals and
visitors flock to the Lowcountry to hear nationally acclaimed artists and become
part of the arts movement that is sweeping the South. The level of talent, artistry
and ability to entertain is off the charts with this year’s performers. Tickets will sell
out quickly so call or visit the website before attending.
- Guided Bicycle Tour - Oct. 6, 11, 19, 26. Pee Dee Bicycle Company, 1600
Farrow Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 6:30 PM. 843-839-4657. Participants must bring
their own bicycle or can rent one during the shop’s normal business hours. The
guided bicycle tour will travel about 10 miles round trip.
- Jensen Community Indoor Craft Show - Oct 6, 1-7PM / Oct 7, 9-3PM, rain or
shine. 40 vendors participating. Homemade baked goods also for sale. Jensen’s
Magnolia Clubhouse, 3209 Moonshadow Lane, Garden City between Business 17
and 17 Bypass, across from Kroger’s and behind Food Lion.
- Myrtle Beach Seafood Festival - Oct. 6-7, Between 8th-9th Ave. N, Downtown
Myrtle Beach. (843) 855-0527. Friday 6-9PM / Saturday 11-7PM. Burroughs &
Chapin Pavilion Place FREE admission. Enjoy a multitude of local and regional
seafood restaurants and eateries. Live entertainment both days. Kidz Zone. Car
Show. Lots of Food and Arts & Craft Vendors. Cornhole Tournament. Beer
Gardens w/ Craft Selections. www.MyrtleBeachSeafoodFestival.com for details.
- Live Oak Art + Music Fest - Oct. 7, Horry County Courthouse, 1201 Third Ave.,
Conway, 10-5:00PM. (843) 248-4527. Handmade, homemade and local goods for
sale, local artist paintings and prints, handcrafted pottery, jewelry, baskets,
artisan candles and soaps, hand dyed fabrics and upcycled funky house goods
and decor. The Soldiers of Fortune performing.
- Open Studio Glass Blowing Demonstration - Oct. 7, Conway Glass, 708 12th
Ave., Conway, 11-4:00PM. (843) 248-3558. Watch as local glass artists create
colorful works of art from 2150 degree molten glass right before your eyes. Watch
as the creative team, Ed & Barbara Streeter twirl, blow and shape glass into
bowls, pumpkins, vases, and ornaments. No appointment necessary. Family
- Surfside Beach Family Festival - Oct. 7, 10-4PM, Surfside Dr, Arts and crafts,
food, live entertainment, events for children.
- Conway Fall Festival - Oct. 7, Downtown Conway, 3rd Ave. & Laurel St., 10-5PM.
Art, crafts, car show, entertainment, food, shopping, dining, kids zone, and more.
- SC’s Largest Garage Sale MB Convention Center - Oct. 7, 7-2PM, Myrtle Beach
Convention Center. Free admission / $5 parking.
- Art in the Park - Oct. 7-8, Chapin Park, 1400 N. Kings Hwy., Myrtle Beach. 10-4:
00PM. Paintings, Photography, Pottery, Glass and more. Free admission, pet
- FESTA ITALIANA - Oct. 7-8, The Market Common, Farrow Parkway, Myrtle
Beach, (843) 333-7523. 11-6PM. The Sons and Daughters OF Italy Myrtle Beach
Lodge #2662 celebrates 25 years of Italian Festivals featuring authentic Italian
foods, live entertainment, arts and crafts vendors, an Italian themed gift boutique,
face painting, spaghetti & pizza eating contests, kids activities, and more.
Admission $1.00. For information call 843-333-7523, email osialodge2662@gmail.
- Brookgreen Gardens Harvest Home Weekend - Oct. 7-8. Hayrides, scarecrow
building, pumpkin painting, entertainment, food, and more. Visit brookgreen.org /
- Sunday Serenades - Oct. 8 & Oct. 15. The Gazebo at Fuller Park / Passive Park.
Corner of Surfside Dr. and N. Willow Dr., Surfside, 2-5 PM. 843-450-7281. Spend
a relaxing Sunday afternoon under the shade of the live oaks with the area’s best
singers and songwriters. Each concert features 3 performers for approximately
one hour apiece. Free admission. Bring a beach chair, golf cart, or blanket. 843-
- Long Bay Symphony Youth Symphony Fall Concert - Oct. 10. CCU- Wheelwright
Auditorium, Conway. 7:30-9:00 PM. 843-918-6000.
- Ghosts & Legends: Volume I - Oct. 11, Horry County Museum, 805 Main St.,
Conway, 1-2:00 PM. 843-915-5320. This 30 minute film tracks the legends and
lore from South Carolina’s past in a haunting journey from the Old Exchange
Dungeon in Charleston to the Abbeville Opera House in the Upstate. Search for
the Lands End Ghost that walks the Carolina Coast and maybe the most famous
of all, the Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp. The Film is free to the public.
- Skate Safe Skateboarding Lessons at Pepper Geddings Recreation Center - Oct.
11, 18, 25, Nov. 1, 8, 3-5PM. Pepper Geddings Recreation Center, 3205 N Oak
St., Myrtle Beach, Aaron Frobase 843.918.2289 / afrobase@cityofmyrtlebeach.
com Beginners and Intermediate Skateboarders will learn safety, techniques, and
style from a Skateboarding Coach. All classes will meet at the Matt Hughes Skate
Park behind Pepper Geddings. $15 City Residents / $30 Non-City Residents.
- Mommy and Me Play Days - Oct. 12. Across fro Publix, Hwy. 17 N at 11th Ave.,
North Myrtle Beach, 10:00-Noon. 775-354-7437. Dads are welcom! Kids will love
the variety of activities being offered such as music, story time, interactive
activities and more! Special offers will also be available from select tenants in the
center (while supplies last). Outside vendors are welcome to join us at these
events as well! For more information, contact Brandi at brandi.
- FREE Movie Night “Finding Dory” at Myrtle Beach Speedway - October 13. Myrtle
Beach Speedway, 455 Hospitality Ln. Myrtle Beach. 7-10:00 PM. 843-236-0500.
Bring the entire family, lawn chairs, and blankets for a FREE family friendly movie
- Movies at McLean Park - Oct. 13, 93 Oak Dr.., N. Myrtle Beach, 843-280-5594.
- Myrtle Beach Oktoberfest - Oct. 13-14, Market Common/Valor Park, 5359
Matheson Lane, Myrtle Beach, 4-9:00 PM. 843-267-7443; 843-446-6993. Live
Entertainment, Food, Beer and Wine, Children’s Festivities, Vendors, Fun.
- Cruise to the Coast Classic Car Show - Oct. 14. Barefoot landing, parking lot
between Wild Wing and River City Café. Free car show including classic, antique,
custom, and special autos, as well as late models. 10-4PM.
- Family Fun & Literacy Day - Oct. 14, Kaminski House Museum, 1003 Front St.,
Georgetown, 1-5:00 PM. 843-546-7706. Storytelling, children’s games, crafts,
pumpkin painting, a healthy foods tent and a spirited pumpkin patch. This is a
free event provided to the community through a grant from International Paper.
Parents must accompany their children.
- Out of the Darkness Walk for Suicide Prevention - Oct. 14, Broadway at the
Beach - Heroes Harbor beside of Margaritaville, Myrtle Beach, 10-12:30 PM. 336-
707-0022. This is a nationwide event to raise funds and awareness for suicide
prevention. No cost to register! Registration begins at 10am, and opening
ceremony at 11am, followed by the Walk.
- Special Needs Family Fun Day - Oct. 14. 3674 Hughes Gasque Rd, Aynor, 10- 3:
00 PM. 843-602-8555.An exciting event that has entertained thousands of
individuals with special needs and their families since its inception in 2001. This
event will entertain well over 300 individuals and their families this year. We,
along with our friends and volunteers, work hard to ensure that all of the wants
and needs of the special individuals are met. We hope that you will see the effort
that everyone gives to make the event enjoyable for all. All the volunteers and
contributors know that by the end of the day, well over a hundred individuals will
go home knowing that they are normal; all the volunteers and contributors will
also know that they helped us realize a dream to help make the most for those
community members who have the least. We invite you to become part of this
wonderful event, and to help keep the dream alive. To attend the event please
email firstname.lastname@example.org To volunteer please sign up at www.
- Dogtoberfest - Oct. 14, The Deck at House of Blues. A fun family-friendly event
from 3-8PM. Live music by Kevin Nichols, raffle prizes, silent auction, and a pet
costume contest! So dress your pet up in their finest Halloween costume and
come enjoy the day. All proceeds benefit The Humane Society of North Myrtle
- Truck-Or-Treat - Broadway at the Beach - Oct 14, 10-2PM. FREE community
event that will feature an interactive experience for kids and their families to check
out all kinds of trucks including emergency vehicles, big rigs & more as well as
receive their favorite trick-or-treat candies, also carousel rides, train rides, a
petting zoo and much more!
- Little River Shrimp & Jazz Festival (Waterfront) - Oct. 14-15. Historic Little River
Waterfront, 4460 Mineola Ave., Little River. Saturday 9-6PM / Sunday 9-5PM.
Children’s area, face painting, stilt walker, balloon artists, live music, vendors,
fresh local seafood, and much more.
- 34th Annual Taste of the Town - Oct. 17, Myrtle Beach Convention Center. 4-
10PM. 843-448-6062. Dozens of the area’s finest restaurants serving up Tapas-
Style tastings of their menu specialties. This festive food event is a great place to
try a variety of restaurants under one roof! Restaurants vie for “bragging rights”
as they compete for awards such as - Best Entree, Best Dessert, People’s
Choice, Kids Choice and Best Booth Design. Enjoy entertainment throughout the
night and check out the Beer and Wine garden premiering select wines from
Southern Wines & Spirits and the popular Budweiser Autumn Ale House.
- Active Adult Series: The Family Tobacco Farm - Oct. 17, L. W. Paul Living History
Farm, 2279 Harris Short Cut Rd., Conway. 1-2PM. 843-365-3596. During the first
half of the 20th century, a majority of the residents of Horry County lived and
worked on the family farm. Join us as we step back in time to learn about life on a
“one horse” farm in Horry county from 1900-1955. Participants should be
prepared to walk outdoors. This series is free and open to the public. For more
information, call 843-365-3596 or email email@example.com. Feeding
- Feeding time at the Hobcaw Barony Discovery Center - Oct.18-Nov. 13, 22
Hobcaw Road Georgetown, 1-2PM.843-904-9016 or 843-904-9017Feeding time
at the Hobcaw Barony Discovery Center is the most exciting time of day- for our
animals at least! Help Reserve staff feed all of our hungry exhibit critters,
including our North Inlet fish, crabs, turtles, snakes, and even our alligator!
During the feeding, learn about the animals’ biology and their natural habitats.
Cost: FREE, call to register.
- Kayak Picnic Trip - Oct. 18-Nov. 9, Jackson Bluff Landing, 1307 Jackson Circle,
Conwa. Time: 11-2PM. 843-915-8522. Kayak along the beautiful Waccamaw
River and enjoy a provided lunch picnic on an exclusive sandbar. All equipment
and food is provided. Single and Tandem Kayaks Available Ages: 14 and Up
Space is Limited! Please Call or Register Online in Advance at 843-915-8522 or
parksandrec.horrycounty.org Fee: $40.00 per person.
- Kaminski House Museum presents Jazz Under the Oaks - Oct. 19, Kaminski
House Museum, 1003 Front St., Georgetown, 2PM, 843-546-7706. Spend an
autumn afternoon on the lawn of the Kaminski House Museum with the Denny
Hess Trio and a special appearance by Kevin Jayroe. Grapeyard Distributing will
be on hand for a wine tasting of seasonal varieties. This event will also feature a
Sweets Tent featuring Sweetie’s of Georgetown and Pawleys Island Bakery.
- Surfside Harmony Chorus - Oct. 19, 26, / Nov. 2, 9, 16. Surfside Presbyterian
Church, 8732 US Hwy 17 Bypass S, Myrtle Beach, 7-9:30PM. Jane Silver 843-
- 2017 Waccamaw Arts & Crafts Guild Member’s Show - Oct. 19-28, Seacoast
Gallery, 3032 Nevers St., Myrtle Beach. Local art show and sale. Open from 10-
6PM Monday thru Saturday and 12 noon to 6 pm on Sunday. The show is open
daily from October 19th thru October 28th, 2017.
- Conway Ghost Walk - Oct. 19-21. Conway Downtown Alive, 428 Main St.,
Conway, 6-8:30 PM. 843-248-6260. Professional storytellers sharing tales that
are always spooky, humorous and guaranteed to become part of your family’s
- 3rd Annual Craft Sale at Myrtle Beach Golf and Yacht Club - Oct. 20, 4-8 pm /
October 21 9-3 pm. 6851 King Arthur Drive, Myrtle Beach SC, 29588 location in
the HOA Building and Pavilion. 50 plus vendors and Admission is FREE.
- Waccamaw Economic Opportunity Council, Inc. Healthier, Wealthier & Wiser
Health Fair - October 20. 9:30-1:30PM at the Boys & Girls Club of Conway, 1413
2nd Avenue. Free health screenings and door prizes. Visit us at: www.weoc.org
- 3rd ANNUAL CRAFT SALE at MYRTLE BEACH GOLF and YACHT CLUB - Oct.
20, 4-8PM / Oct. 21, 9-3PM. 6851 King Arthur Drive, Myrtle Beach SC, 29588
location in the HOA Building and Pavilion. 50 plus vendors, free admission.
Refreshments, bake sale, hot dogs for sale. We are a gated community and
have a restriction on motorcycles not being able to drive in.
- OCTOBER 20 - Waccamaw Economic Opportunity Council, Inc. Healthier,
Wealthier & Wiser Health Fair - Oct. 20, 9:30-1:30 PM at the Boys & Girls Club of
Conway, 1413 2nd Avenue. Free health screenings and door prizes. Visit us at:
- Bike through Hobcaw’s forest - Oct. 21. Hobcaw Barony Discovery Center/North
Inlet-Winyah Bay Estuarine Research Reserve, 22 Hobcaw Rd., Georgetown, 10-
12noon. 843-904-9016 or 843-904-9017. Bike through Hobcaw’s forest to the
Reserve’s beautiful salt marsh boardwalk on North Inlet estuary. Bike 5 miles
(roundtrip) on gravel roads through Hobcaw Barony’s pristine property. Upland
forest habitats, wildlife, research and salt marsh ecology will be discussed during
the trip. Bring your own bike (all terrain tires recommended), helmet, water,
snack, camera/binoculars (if desired). Cost: FREE; weather permitting, limited to
15 participants; please call to register.
- American Odyssey: The Voyage of Christopher Columbus - Oct. 21, Horry County
Museum, 805 Main St., Conway, 1-2PM. 843-915-5320. American Odyssey film:
The Voyage of Christopher Columbus.
- Grand Strand Halloween Fest - Oct. 21. X Gym Sports Mall, 568 George Bishop
Pkwy Myrtle Beach, 10-3PM. 813-463-2712. A unique, safe, and FREE trick-or-
treating experience. Have the entire family come in costume! Trick-or-treat
stations will be set up and the costume contest is scheduled for 12noon. Free
bounce houses, face painting, demos, crafts, characters meet & greets, photo
booth, and much more. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for
- Music on the Farm - Featuring Traditional Hymns - Oct.21, L. W. Paul Living
History Farm, 2279 Harris Short Cut Rd., Conway, 1-3:30 PM. 843-365-3596.
Traditional church and gospel music. Free and open to the public.
- Wooden Boat Show Weekend “Commander’s Tour” at the Kaminski House
Museum - Oct. 21, Kaminski House Museum, 1003 Front St., Georgetown, 2-4PM.
- 2017 Grand Strand Buddy Walk For Down Syndrome - Oct. 21. Grand Park
across from The Market Common. The festival will include inflatables, face
painters, performers, food and exhibits. For more information, go to https://www.
- The Coastal 5K and Doggie Dash at The Market Common - Oct. 21. Visit www.
marketcommonmb.com/events for info.
- Walk for the Animals - Oct. 22, Valor Park, Market Common. 12-4PM. Fun family
event filled with entertainment, contests, demonstrations, raffles, a microchipping
clinic, educational information, pet adoptions and more. The highlight of the day
will be the Doggie Costume Contest. All proceeds from Walk for the Animals
benefit the homeless pets at Grand Strand Humane Society
- 7th Annual Coastal Animal Rescue Golf Tournament - Oct. 23 - Visit
coastalanimalrescue.org for registration and more information.
- The Great Pumpkin Hunt - Oct. 24, Socastee Recreation Park, 7485 Butler Rd.,
Myrtle Beach, 6-7:30PM, 843-915-8522. A night of fun, hunting small plastic
pumpkins filled with candy and prizes for children ages 3-12. After the hunt, “It’s
the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown” on our giant inflatable movie screen! Event
starts at 6:00PM Hunt begins promptly at 6:15PM Fee: $5.00 per child Register
Online at parksandrec.horrycounty.org
- Topics Trivia - Oct 24, Chapin Memorial Library, Myrtle Beach, 4-6PM. 843-918-
1295. Teams of 1-6 players asked questions about literature, geography, sports,
television, history and movies. For more information, call Laura at 843-918-1295
or email email@example.com.
- Wash Day at the L.W. Paul Living History Farm - Oct. 24, L.W. Paul Living History
Farm, 2279 Harris Short Cut Rd., Conway, 9-3PM. 843-365-3596. Experience life
on the “one horse farm” in Horry County from 1900-1955. For more information,
call the farm at 843-365-3596 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plankton of North Inlet - Oct. 26, Hobcaw Barony Discovery Center/North Inlet-
Winyah Bay Estuarine Research Reserve, 22 Hobcaw Rd.,Georgetown, 1-3:
30PM, 843-904-9016 or 843-904-9017. Learn about the interesting microscopic
creatures that make up the plankton community in North Inlet. FREE but limited to
20 participants, call to register.
- 29th Annual Arts and Crafts Festival - October 27-28, rain or shine. Parish Life
Center, 1633 Waverly Rd., Pawleys Island, 843-237-3428. An exciting day of
treasure hunting, 60+ vendors, Women’s Club Café, baked goods, homemade
food-to-go items, gently-used book sale and silent auction This is a free event.
Proceeds from this event will benefit worthwhile causes in and around the Low
Country community. The nonprofit recipients go through a yearly grant
application process. Some of the many recipients in the past include Tara Hall,
Georgetown County Diabetes Core Group, Family Justice Center, Smith Medical
Center, and St. Christopher’s Children. Friday, 9-5PM; Saturday, 9-4PM inside
the Parish Life Center (PLC). For further information, call the PLC at 843-237-
- PBOC Womens Club 29th Annual Arts and Crafts Festival - Oct. 27-28, Precious
Blood of Christ Catholic Church, 1633 Waverly Rd., Pawleys Island. An exciting
day of treasure hunting. 60+ vendors offering a wide variety of items for sale,
Women’s Club Café, baked goods, and homemade food-to-go items, renowned
gently-used book sale, and silent auction. Free event, proceeds will benefit
worthwhile causes in and around the Low Country community. The hours are
Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and Saturday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM inside the Parish
Life Center (PLC). For further information, call the PLC at (843) 237-3428.
- Conway Pizza Relay Race - Oct. 28, 10-11:45PM. Grab four fellow pizza lovers
and join the Conway Pizza Run! Hillary Howard, Conway Downtown Alive,
- Halloween Carnival - Oct. 28, Conway Recreation Center, 1515 Mill Pond Rd.
Costume contest 7:15PM. Carnival games, S’mores station, fun for the family.
For more info 843-488-1950 or www. ConwayParksandRecreation.com
- Carolina Master Chorale: Broadway Blockbusters - Oct. 28, Trinity United
Methodist Church, 705 14th Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach, 4:00 PM, 843-444-5774.
Some of its finest soloists with winners of the 2nd Annual CMC/CCU Vocal
Competition in blockbuster songs of Broadway. Enjoy songs and scenes from
Showboat and Ragtime, a Pirates of Penzance reprise, a preview of our upcoming
production of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and much more.
- Ghost Stories told by Elizabeth Robertson Huntsinger - Oct. 28, Horry County
Museum, 805 Main St., Conway, 1-2 PM, 843-915-5320. Celebrate Halloween
with local author and storyteller Elizabeth Robertson Huntsinger as she weaves
together superstitions and tales from Lucas Bay to Georgetown and the Low-
Country. Event is free and open to the public.
- BooFest! - Barefoot Landing / Lakeside Village - Oct. 28, Noon- 4PM. Kids’
costume contests, pets’ costume contest with prizes. Face painting, a balloon
artist and kids’ karaoke.
- Annual Howl-O-Scream - Oct. 29, McLean Park, N. Myrtle Beach. 5-8PM.
Haunted hayride, pumpkin painting, trick-or-treating, live entertainment, and
more. Families with children encouraged to dress up in costume. Approximately
3,000 people attend this event each year to celebrate Halloween in a safe and
fun atmosphere. For more information 843-280-5584.
- Market Common Halloween - Oct. 31. Join The Market Common for fun fit for
goblins and ghouls on Tuesday, October 31st, from 5-7PM. Participating stores
will give out candy to costumed Trick-or-Treaters.
- Halloween on the MarshWalk - Oct. 31, Murrells Inlet, 5-10PM. 843-299-1221.
5PM Trick-or-Treating for the kids and the costume contest. Adult Costume
Contest starting at 7pm. Over $3500 in cash and prizes will be given away to the
best of the best! This event consists of a $1000 cash giveaway.
- Trick or Treat at Broadway at the Beach - Oct. 31, 4:30-6:30PM.
- Beaver Bar Halloween Ride & Chili for Mammograms - October 28. Visit www.
facebook.com/Bigbeaverbar for more information.
- Halloween on the Marshwalk, Murrells Inlet - Oct. 31. Trick-or-Treating along the
MarshWalk for the kids 5PM and the Annual Children’s Costume Contest. Prizes
will be awarded for the Scariest, the Funniest and the Most Creative costumes.
Later, join in for grown-up fun with the Adult Costume Contest! Over $2,500 in
cash and prizes awarded for the top three costumes.
- Trick or Treat - October 31. 5-7PM. Barefoot Landing throughout the complex.
Dress the kids and enjoy a night of safe, family fun.
- Art in the Park - Nov. 4-5, Chapin Park, 1400 N. Kings Hwy., Myrtle Beach. 10-
4PM. Paintings, Photography, Pottery, Glass and Much more! Free Admission.
- 2017 Palmetto Pee Dee 5K Run/Fun Walk - Nov. 4 - Pelicans Stadium Ballpark,
1251 21st Ave N., Myrtle Beach, 7:30-3PM. Bonnie Mills 843-798-3745 or Marcey
Westerbeck 843-995-2327. 5K Run/Fun Walk to raise money for the Juvenile
Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Red, White & Blue Sculpture in the Brookgreen Gardens Collection - Nov. 4,
Horry County Museum, 805 Main St., Conway, 1-2PM. 843-915-5320. Many of the
sculptors in the Brookgreen Gardens collection served in the military or in military
support jobs during wartime and its aftermath. This event is free and open to the
public. For more information, cal 843-915-5320 or email
email@example.com. To view a full list of programs, please visit our
website at www.horrycountymuseum.org
- 22nd Annual Souper Supper - Nov.5, International Culinary Institute, 920
Crabtree Ln., Myrtle Beach, noon-3PM, Dan 843-333-3567 or Lee 843-222-2398.
Enjoy 40 plus soups, bakery items, cool beverage and cupcake all at one price.
Inside new International Culinary Institute at HGTC. $12 / $7 child (5-12 years).
- Christmas Bazaar for BSMCC CHRISTMAS BAZAAR for BSMCC - Nov, 4, 10-
3PM. Surfside United Methodist Church, Surfside Beach, SC 29575. Local
Artists, Arts, Crafts, Vendors, Food, Games, Raffle Items and More! Fun for
everyone! Free admission. This event honors those who served this country by
supporting the Wreaths Across America campaign through The Blue Star Mothers
of Coastal Carolina (BSMCC). All proceeds go directly to Wreaths Across
America to purchase wreaths for the graves at the National Cemetery in Florence,
SC. The wreath ceremony is on December 16, at 12 noon. Visit The Blue Star
Mothers of Coastal Carolina website for more information. http:
This is the second such event Caris Healthcare has organized because Caris is
committed to honoring our veterans. Contact Amy Flora, at Caris Healthcare for
more information (843) 349-4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request
an event application.
|FREE PICTURE ADS FOR THE LOCALS!
For sale by owner merchandise, located in Horry / Georgetown county, priced at ;
$10 or more, and a phone number for contact.
Mail picture to