Monthly Events / Community Happenings / Yard Sales
Advertising Unlimited, Inc.
|YOUR BUSINESS AD HERE
Link your website to your ad!
FREE for non-profit organizations, churches, animal adoptions, etc., in Horry and
FREE YARD SALE NOTICES.
Events can change at any time, check with the event organizer when planning to attend
YARD / MOVING SALES:
- Unity of Myrtle Beach is having their yearly Mega Yard Sale. We will have many
items including furniture, household, kitchen, tools, decorations, children's toys,
seasonal, antiques, sporting goods, linens/fabric, nicknacks and much more. The
sale will be Saturday, June 10th from 7am - 2pm. 1270 Surfside Industrial Park
Dr. behind Dicks Pawn Shop off hwy 544 and intersection of hwy 17 business.
- YARD SALE - Saturday and Sunday, June 10 and 11th, noon till 4:45. Myrtle
Beach, 609 1st Ave. S.
FATHER'S DAY CELEBRATION - Murrells Inlet Church of God, June 18, 11AM. Every
father is welcome. Come be encouraged. 608 Gibson Avenue, Murrells Inlet, John 843-
JUNE LOCAL EVENTS:
- Music on Main through Sept. 28 - Main St., North Myrtle Beach, 7-9:00 PM. 843-
280-5570. Everyone welcome. Bring a Beach Chair.
- Kayak on the Waccamaw - Summer Series - Through October 6, Waccamaw
River, 2830 Oak St., Conway, 843-915-7883. 10-12noon. These guided trips are
approximately 2 hours and are suitable for all experience levels. All equipment is
provided. Special trips may be arranged for parties of 5 or more. Cost is $25.
- Fundraising Event to support MUSC Burned Children’ Fund - June 1st, 6-9PM,
Beaver Bar Pavilion, 3534 Hwy. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. Fun, prizes, food,
raffles, t-shirt sales.
- Veterans Awareness Series “VAS” - June 1, 1-3PM. Chapin Memorial Library,
Myrtle Beach.Myrtle Beach Veterans Affairs Medical Clinic will be here to assist
veterans and their family members. For more info call Kim at 843-918-1295 or
- Cooking Demonstration at the L.W. Paul Living History Farm. Thursday, June 1
and recurring on the first Thursday of each month. 2279 Harris Short Cut Rd.,
Conway. 11-3PM. 843-365-3596. Experience life on the “one horse farm” in
Horry County from 1900-1955. Free for everyone.
- “Line dancing with the Stars” you can be one of the stars. EVERY THURSDAY -
Sonia formerly with DANCERUS New YORK. 10AM-Noon. Great music all genres
to all styles of music. Make new friends and exercise at the same time. First class
is FREE. Swipe a card with the City of Myrtle Beach for $23.00 for 10 visits ($2.30
per class). Never lined before? The Basic Beginner class is for you. June 1,
Thursday, 12-2 PM. This class will teach the Basic steps for the next level of line
dancing. You will learn routines and technique to apply to the next level of dance.
Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, Myrtle Beach, 843-918-2380 /
Sonia 843-945-1080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ChickenBog Fund Raiser - June 2, 11:30AM, Murrells Inlet Masonic Lodge #368,
620 Collins Ave., Murrells Inlet. $7 per plate.
- North Inlet Paddle - June 2-August 31. Hobcaw Barony Discovery Center/North
Inlet-Winyah Bay Estuarine Research Reserve, 22 Hobcaw Road, Georgetown, 8:
30-1PM. Join the Reserve and Surf the Earth for a naturalist-guided tour through
the creeks of North Inlet. The program includes instruction in basic kayaking, a
natural history overview, and educational highlights of the North Inlet ecosystem.
Wear sturdy shoes, bring water, snack, and camera/binoculars if wanted.
$50/person; weather permitting; limited to 6 participants. Call to register 843-904-
- Knit & Crochet Group - June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30. 2-4PM, Chapin Memorial Library ,
Myrtle Beach, 843-918-1295.
- 2nd Annual Sun Fun Festival - June 2-3, Myrtle Beach at Plyler Park, 900 Ocean
Friday, June 2:
All day - The Sand Lovers working on the beach in front of Plyler Park
6-10:30PM - Carnival games, Face painting, more.
6PM - Opening Ceremony with Diane Devaughn Stokes
6:30PM - QuickSand Demonstration with The Sand Lovers
7:15-10:30PM - Music by Too Much Sylvia
9:15PM - Golden Knights Performance with landing on beach front of Plyler Park
10:30PM - Festival ends.
Saturday, June 3:
All day - The Sand Lovers working on the beach in front of Plyler Park.
10-Noon - Sun Fun Festival Parade from 8th Ave. North to 16th Ave. North
12:30PM - Golden Knights Performance landing on beach in front of Plyler Park
1PM -.QuickSand Demonstration with The Sand Lovers
5PM - QuickSand Demonstration with The Sand Lovers
5-11PM - Carnival games in Plyler Park, Coca-Cola Beach Crew
5:30-7:30PM - Music by Silk Groove
8-10:30PM - Music / Swingin’ Medallions
10:30PM - Fireworks / om 2nd Ave. Pier
11PM - Festival ends.
- Movies Under the Stars - June 2 and every Friday night through August, 9-11PM.
Valor Park, Market Common, 4017 Deville Street, Myrtle Beach. Bring beach
chairs or blankets.
- Morris Brothers Bluegrass Concert - June 3, 1-2PM. Horry County Museum, 805
Main St., Conway, 843-915-5320 or visit horrycountymuseum.org
- Farmers Market on Deville Street, Market Common - June 3 and recurring weekly
on Saturday until September 30, 10-3PM. Phone: (843) 839-3500. Fresh local
produce, bakes goods, flowers, seafood, plants, crafts, jellies and more.
- 22nd Annual Corvettes at the Beach - June 3, 9-3PM, Broadway at the Beach ,
1325 Celebrity Circle, Myrtle Beach, 843-280-1243. Over 300 beautiful Corvettes
- Family Fishing Fun Day - June 3, 9-12noon, Little River Neck Pond, 1602
Riverside Dr., North Myrtle Beach, 843- 915-8522. Fun for all ages,
Trophies/prizes for the biggest catch! All fishing supplies will be available for use.
Register online at parksandrec.horrycounty.org or call 843-915-7883
- Art Festival - June 3, 9:30AM. Brookgreen Gardens, 1931 Brookgreen Dr,
- The Native Sons Salt Games - June 3-4, 7:30PM-9PM. Downtown Myrtle Beach,
between 8th and 9th Ave. N. & Ocean Blvd. The Salt Games features a CrossFit
competition, surfing, skateboarding, paddleboarding, beach volleyball, kids’
activiites, hot dog eating contest, 5k run, beach wrestling, and more! Visit www.
thesaltgames.com for more information or call 843-448-0585 / email:
- Whiskers, Wags & Wine to benefit N. Myrtle Beach Humane Society - June 5, 5:
30-9PM. The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro, 4269 Luck Ave., Little River,
843-249-4948. Hors d’oeuvres, wine, music, live auction, silent auction, and
more! Tickets are available for $55 in advance at the Shelter, North Myrtle Beach
Chamber of Commerce and The Brentwood. Tickets may also be purchased the
evening of the event at the door for $60.
- Carolina Country Music Fest - June 8-11. Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, 812 N. Ocean
Blvd., Myrtle Beach. Performances by Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Darius
Rucker, Kip Moore, Lee Brice, Chris Young, Billy Currington, Big & Rich, Luke
Combs, Kevin Mac, Granger Smith, Jordan Davis and Jordan Rager and more to
be announced! Thursday Night Kick-off Concert - Jun. 8 featuring Montgomery
- FREE Movie Night at Myrtle Beach Speedway featuring “Moana” - June 9., 7-
10PM. Myrtle Beach Speedway, 455 Hospitality Lane Myrtle Beach, 843-236-
0500 Bring the entire family, lawn chairs, and blankets.
- Pottery Class for Kids - June 9, 4PM, Murrells Inlet Community Center, 4462
Murrells Inlet Road, Murrells Inlet. Children will be painting a special gift for
Fathers Day. Class cost is $20. 843-545-3651 for reservations.
- Summer Soccer Camp - June 5-9 sponsored by Trinity Church of Myrtle Beach
Children and Youth Ministries at YMCA soccer fields, 904 65th Ave. North, Myrtle
Beach, SC 29572. Ages 4-11, 9AM-12noon. Registration fee $25 per child /
family max $50. For registration & payments visit online at http:\\www.
TrinityMyrtleBeach.org or call 843-448-8426. Trinity Church, 3000 N. Kings Hwy,
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577.
- Axemen SC 1 Camp Can Do Poker Run - June 11, 10AM. Beaver Bar, 3534
Highway 17 Business, Murrells Inlet.
- Brandon Leigh Collins Benefit and Roast - June 11, starts at Noon, Rockin’ Hard
Saloon, 3140 S Highway 17 Unit D, Murrells Inlet.
- Hot Summer Nights - June 12-Sept. 4. Plyler Park, 1309 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle
Beach, 7-10PM, 843-251-8008. Monday nights Kids Carnival Night featuring Dino’
s School of Rock on the stage from 7-10PM the Coke Crew with games, lots of
cool prizes, a giant Coke chair photo op, stilt walkers, face painter, balloon
twisters, costume characters and surprises. Music Tuesdays through Saturday
featuring live bands on the stage in Plyler Park8-11PM. Wednesday 10PM
- Operation Arctic VBS - June 12-16, Calvary Bible Church, 4511 Dick Pond Rd.
(Hwy 544), Myrtle Beach, 843-650-2829 8-12noon. Operation Arctic VBS 2017
theme, your kids will warm up to the Word as they explore the coolest Book on the
planet and discover how we can know for sure that the Bible is God’s written word
- Tom Petty Tribute Band - June 15, 7-10PM, Valor Park, Market Common, 4017
Deville Street Myrtle Beach, 843-839-3500. Bring lawn chairs, blankets, the kids
and even the fur babies. No coolers or outside drinks are allowed.
- 8th Annual Tee-Off for Veterans 2017 - June 16, 7:30AM. Tournament Player’s
Club, 1199 Tournament Blvd, Murrells Inlet. Tee-Off for Veterans mission is to
provide assistance to it’s community of Veterans along the Grand Strand in
need. 843-427-4568 or 843-357-3399.
- Sounds of Summer at the North Myrtle Beach Parks & Sports Complex - June 16-
Sept. 15, 7-9PM, NMB Park & Sports Complex, 150 Citizens Circle,Little River.
Live music at the amphitheater under the stars. Each concert will feature a
different band playing family friendly music. Bring a beach chair or blanket. For
your convenience, snacks and drinks will be available for purchase. Tobacco
products, coolers, outside food and beverages are not allowed.
- Rivertown Wine-Around - June 17, 2-5PM. Downtown Conway. Tastings of 15
wines. Tickets are $22 and include a tasting glass. Attendees must be 21. 843-
- Colonial Horry & the American Revolution - June 20, Horry County Museum, 805
Main St., Conway, 843-915-5320, 1-2PM. email@example.com
- Art in the Park- June 24-25, Chapin Park, 1400 N. Kings Hwy., Myrtle Beach, 10-
- Festa Italiana - June 24-25, Market Common, Farrow Parkway, Myrtle Beach, 843-
555-7523. 11-8PM. Authentic Italian foods, continuous live entertainment, Arts
and Crafts vendors, an Italian themed gift boutique, face painting, spaghetti &
pizza eating contests, kids activities, and more. Admission $1. 843-333-7523,
- VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL - June 26-30th. Children ages 5 -12, 9 AM - 12 PM.
This free event will be an exciting week of singing, crafts, snacks, games, other
interactive activities and learning about God’s love in Kidsville. Located at: Myrtle
Beach Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 2351 Carolina Forest Blvd, Myrtle Beach,
SC 29579. For more information call Vernice Godoy at 843-504-5466 or email:
- Museum Matinees: Birth of a Nation-The Making of the Declaration of
Independence - June 28, Horry County Museum, 805 Main Street, Conway, 843-
915-5320. 1-2PM. The Making of the Declaration of Independence. Produced
and narrated by local historian and author Rod Gragg, this film chronicles the
creation of one of the most important documents in American history.
|FREE PICTURE ADS FOR THE LOCALS!
For sale by owner merchandise, located in Horry / Georgetown county, priced at ;
$10 or more, and a phone number for contact.
Mail picture to
MT. ZION AME CHURCH SHOE
DRIVE FUND-RAISER - Give
your gently, worn used shoes to
help others in need. Mt. Zion
AME Church, 10287 Highway
707, Myrtle Beach, SC 29575.
Contact Evangelist Elsie Thomas
843-446-4894; Sister Sheila
Wallace 843-215-5737; Sister
Sarah Smith 843-668-4210.
DO YOU HAVE FAMILY OR
FRIEND(S) STRUGGLING WITH
DRUG ADDICTION? Nar-anon is
an anonymous support group for
you. Sundays, 7PM, 1147
Robert Grissom Pkwy., first floor
of CORE Fitness; Thursdays,
7PM, 506 9th Ave N., behind
church in Music Center.
|OPEN HOUSE 6/25 12-4PM 225
Clovis Circle. Judy Casey 908-