Monthly Events / Community Happenings / Yard Sales
Advertising Unlimited, Inc.
|YOUR BUSINESS AD HERE
Link your website to your ad!
FREE for non-profit organizations, churches, animal adoptions, etc., in Horry and
Georgetown counties. Email information to: Free843and854@gmail.com
FREE YARD SALE NOTICES.
JULY LOCAL EVENTS:
Please be sure to check the websites posted or call the event organizer for
- Music On Main Concert Series through September 27. Horseshoe in North Myrtle
Beach, South Ocean Blvd., North Myrtle Beach, 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
- Myrtle Beach Hot Summer Nights through September 3. Pyler Park and Oceanfront
Boardwalk. Live entertainment each night; and fireworks on Wednesday nights.
- Summer Nights at Broadway at the Beach through September 2. Live musical
performances, street performers, character appearances and other live
entertainment, costumed stilt-walkers and fire dancers.
- Summerfest at Barefoot Landing through September 1 - 4898 Hwy. 17 South,
North Myrtle Beach, 7:00 PM. 843-272-8349.
- Surfside Beach Sunday Serenades - Sundays until September 30. Passive Park,
Surfside Dr in Surfside Beach. 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. 843-650-9548. Hear some
great local musicians in an outdoor concert.
- Brookgreen Summer Lights Festival - Recurring weekly on Wednesday, Thursday,
Friday, Saturday until August 18. During the Festival, Brookgreen will close at 5:00
p.m. as usual, and re-open from 7:00 p.m. to 10 p.m. Based on famous Chinese
Lantern Festivals, this exhibit will inhabit Brookgreen’s Lowcountry Zoo with larger-
than-life, illuminated silk lantern sculptures in a variety of native animals, insects,
and plants. The festival will also include games, performances, crafts for kids, and
local food truck vendors. Tickets will be available at Brookgreen.org. Ticket prices
for members are: adults $15.00 and children 4-12 $10.00, non-members $20.00
and children 4-12 $15.00. Children 3 and under are free. More information on the
festival, visit Brookgreen.org .
- North Inlet Paddle through September 5. Hobcaw Barony Discovery Center/North
Inlet-Winyah Bay Estuarine Research Reserve. 22 Hobcaw Road, Georgetown, 8:
30 AM to 1:00 PM. 843-904-9017. Join the Reserve and Surf the Earth for a
naturalist-guided tour through the creeks of North Inlet. The program includes
instruction in basic kayaking, a natural history overview, and educational highlights
of the North Inlet ecosystem. Wear sturdy shoes, bring water, snack, and
camera/binoculars (if desired). Cost: $50/person; weather permitting; limited to 6
participants; please call to register.
- Docent Coordinator - Weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
until October 31. Prince George, Winyah, Episcopal Church, 300 Broad St.,
Georgetown, 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM. 843-344-8116. Prince George, Winyah,
Episcopal Church, opened in 1747, is one of the few Colonial churches that has not
altered its interior. Docent led tours are from March through October, Monday
through Friday from 12:00 PM- 3:00 PM. FREE of charge, donations gratefully
appreciated. Occupied by British troops during the Revolutionary War and by Union
troops in the War Between the States, the church has never closed for worship.
- Cool Summer Sunday Evenings Concert Series through August 19. Brookgreen
Gardens, 1931 Brookgreen Drive, Murrells Inlet, 7-9PM. 843-235-6000. Pavilion
Concert Field - Oak Allée Bring a lawn chair and find your favorite spot under the
shade of the Live Oaks to enjoy our Cool Summer Evenings concerts. Sing along,
dance and enjoy the talents of local and regional favorite bands. Beverages and
light refreshments are available for purchase. No coolers.
- Sunday Funday at Wild Water & Wheels - $18.98 + tax all day admission - July 1, 8,
15, 22, 29.
- Fireworks Extravaganza at Barefoot Landing Monday nights in the summer
- Pasta night at the VFW in Little River - July 2, 6-8. VFW Post 10804, 111 State
Hwy 57 N., Little River. Just around the corner from Bell & Bell on Route 9. Pasta
Night on the first Monday night of every month. $8, call the VFW Post at 843-399-
0877 to make your reservation.
- Salute from the Shore July 4. Head down to the beach for Salute from the Shore
this Independence Day! Vintage Military Aircraft and F-16s from South Carolina Air
National Guard’s 169th Fighter Wing at McEntire Joint National Guard Base will do
flyovers across our beaches in the Carolinas. Show your support for America’s
Armed Forces! Bring your flags and other festive 4th of July gear and wave them
- Broadway at the Beach 4th of July fireworks - July 4, begins at 10PM.
- Barefoot Landing fireworks every Monday during the summer.
- Tuesdays and Fridays Broadway at the Beach fireworks - 10PM.
- Cherry Grove Pier 4th of July fireworks - 9:30PM
- Murrells Inlet Marshwalk Fourth of July fireworks - 10 p.m.
- Surfside Beach 4th of July Celebration - The Surfside Beach 4th of July Celebration
will take place from 6 to 10 p.m. Surfside Pier, located at the intersection of Surfside
Drive and Ocean Boulevard. The event will feature live entertainment and family fun.
- July 4th on The MarshWalk, 4025 Hwy. 17 Business Murrell’s Inlet, 4:00 PM (as
long as the tide cooperated). Annual Boat Parade begins from Garden City Point at
4PM. The parade goes through the inlet, past the MarshWalk and south to Morse
Park Landing. July 4th Fireworks Show, 10PM the sky will fill with colors of red,
white, blue and beyond for an incredible, awe-inspiring 20 minute fireworks show.
- 4th of July Independence Day 5k and 8k - Now in its 5th year, the annual
Independence Day Race includes options for a 5k or an 8k. The event begins at 7:
30 a.m. July 4 in The Market Common starting near Valor Park.
- Pawleys Island 51st annual Golf Cart Parade - July 4, 10AM-Noon. 321 Myrtle Ave.,
Pawleys Island. Patriotic floats from golf carts, convertibles or flat-bed trucks.
- 4th of July with the Indigo Choral Society -Kaminski House Museum, 1003 Front
Street, Georgetown, 7:30-9:30 PM, 843-520-4750. The program will open with a
flag honor guard followed by the National Anthem. The concert will include
Americana, Carolina-themed songs and a salute to our Armed Forces. So bring
your lawn chairs, blankets and picnic baskets to celebrate with the Indigo Choral
- Harvest Day at the Farm - July 7, L. W. Paul Living History Farm, 2279 Harris Short
Cut Road, Conway, 843.365.3596. 9:30-10:30am. email@example.com
- Sunday Brunch at the VFW in Little River - July 8, 9-11. VFW Post 10804, 111
State Hwy 57 N., Little RIver just around the corner from Bell & Bell on Rte 9. The
buffet line includes: omelettes , scrambled eggs, poached eggs on muffins, home
fries, breakfast sausage, bacon, corned beef hash, biscuits and gravy, toast,
orange juice, and coffee. All for only $7.00! Second Sunday of the month.
- The Market Common’s Movies Under the Stars - July 11. Showing “A Dog’s
Purpose.” Valor Park @ The Market Common, 4002 Deville St., Myrtle Beach, 9:00
PM to 11:00 PM. 843-839-3500.
- Movies at McLean - July 13, The Lion King. Spend Friday evening watching a
movie under the stars. All movies shown are G or PG rated and are subject to
change depending upon availability. Movies will begin 15 minutes after sunset.
McLean Park, 99 Oak Dr S, North Myrtle Beach, For day of event weather
information call the ‘Rec Check’ hotline at (843) 280-5594, ext. 3,
- Movies in the Park - July 13, Riverfront Park, 7 Elm St., Conway. Starts at dusk.
Peter Rabbit. Bring your blankets and chairs. Sit back, Relax, and enjoy the FREE
show! Concessions will be available for a nominal fee.
- The Market Common Concert On The Green: Kid Rock Tribute Band “Cowboy”.
July 19, Valor Park, The Market Common, 4017 Deville Street, Myrtle Beach, 7:00-
10:00 PM. 843-839-3500. Beer, wine, soft drinks, snacks will be available. No
coolers. Bring lawn chairs, blankets, the kids even the fur babies.
- Movies on the Water at Marina Park - July 20, Marina Park at Grande Dunes, 8201
Marina Parkway, Myrtle Beach, 7:45 PM to 10:00 PM, 877-347-2633.
- Movies on the Water at Marina Park - July 20, 8201 Marina Parkway, Myrtle Beach,
7:45-10:00 PM. Movie starts at 8:20 PM Featured movie is Trolls (92 mins) Family-
friendly event Concessions will be available for purchase at event Bring your own
blankets and lawn chairs!
- Sounds of Summer Concert Series - July 20. 7-9PM. Oracle Blue Band
(Jazz/Pop/Funk), NMB Park & Sports Complex at the Sandhills Bank Amphitheater,
150 Citizens Circle, Little River, SC Enjoy an evening with your family and friends
listening to live music at the amphitheater under the stars. Each concert will feature
a different band playing family friendly music. Bring a beach chair or blanket. For
your convenience, snacks and drinks will be available for purchase. Tobacco
products, coolers, outside food and beverages are not allowed.
- New Beginnings FOOD DISTRIBUTION FOR THOSE IN NEED - July July 21st and
every 3rd Saturday of the month. 10-1PM. Church of the Resurrection, 8901 US
Highway 17 Bypass South, Surfside Beach. Contact Larry Nowak 843.215.4500 /
- The Market Common’s Movies Under the Stars featuring Cars 3 - July 25. Valor
Park @ The Market Common, 4017 Deville St., Myrtle Beach, 9:00-11:00 PM. 843-
839-3500. Bring a blanket or lawn chair and the whole family, starts at dusk. No
- Big Daddy Weave - July 28. Beach Church, 557 George Bishop Pkwy., Myrtle
Beach, 7-10:00 PM. 714-545-8900. Big Daddy Weave is one of the top artists in
Christian music: they are one of the genre’s biggest headlining artists, the second
most played artist at Christian AC-Monitored radio in 2014 and the recipient of
multiple industry awards and nominations, including: Dove Awards, K-LOVE Fan
Awards, Billboard Music Awards and ASCAP Awards. Between 2012 and 2015, Big
Daddy Weave has achieved five straight No. 1 singles at radio, the most recent
being “My Story” from the 9/18/15 album, Beautiful Offerings, and the previous four
from the band’s career best-selling album, Love Come To Life. “Redeemed” was
certified gold by the RIAA in 2015. Big Daddy Weave has career album sales of
more than one million units. Formed in 2002, Big Daddy Weave is: Mike Weaver,
Jay Weaver, Jeremy Redmon, Joe Shirk and Brian Beihl. More information can be
found online at www.bigdaddyweave.com
postponements or cancellations before attending any event.
|FREE PICTURE ADS FOR THE LOCALS!
For sale by owner merchandise, located in Horry / Georgetown county,
priced at $100 or more, and a phone number for contact.
Mail picture to