Monthly Events / Community Happenings / Yard Sales
Advertising Unlimited, Inc.
|YOUR BUSINESS AD HERE
Link your website to your ad!
FREE for non-profit organizations, churches, animal adoptions, etc., in Horry and
FREE YARD SALE NOTICES.
Events can change OR change at any time, please be sure to check with the event
organizer before attending.
- WILLS PREPARED by law firm for husband and wife, or significant other PLUS
ROUND THE CLOCK LEGAL PROTECTION AND ADVICE - $29.95. Call Bill for
details and web site 843-446-9782.
- CERTIFIED NURSES AID to take care of your loved one. Compassionate, very
loyal, dependable with own transportation, and excellent references. 843-222-
- GEORGETOWN COUNTY FIRST STEPS are now accepting bids to assist and
facilitate our new 3k program. Our new program will implement and assist to train,
hire, and supervise staff to support services to children to be successful in the
coming years of their education. Please send bids to 2018 Church St. Georgetown,
SC. Or call 843-520-1830 for more information.
- SOVEREIGN GRACE REFORMED BAPTIST CHURCH invites you to join us every
Lord’s Day for 10 am Prayer Meeting and 11AM Worship Service held in upper
room of Lighthouse Book Store at 2104 Main Street, Conway SC. For more
information call Pastor Brian Pendleton at 843-241-5587 or email at
- DO YOU HAVE FAMILY OR FRIEND(S) STRUGGLING WITH DRUG ADDICTION?
Nar-anon is an anonymous support group for you. Sundays, 7PM, 1147 Robert
Grissom Pkwy., first floor of CORE Fitness; Thursdays, 7PM, 506 9th Ave N.,
behind church in Music Center.
DECEMBER YARD SALES:
- MULTI FAMILY INDOOR / OUTDOOR YARD SALE - Saturday, Dec. 9, 8AM. Lots of
everything. DG Tires shop, 901 Tiffany Lane, Conway. 3.9 miles west of Hwy. 31
off Hwy. 544.
- LARGE GARAGE SALE - Dec. 9th, 8AM-2PM. 946 Folly Rd., Socastee off Hwy.
707. Ladies clothing & suits, 62 pair shoes, boots, purses, wigs; Furniture, table
and chairs, end tables & coffee table, couches, lamps; Household items; Golf clubs
with bags, golf hand carts; Tools, power saws, drills, table saw, miter saw, shop vac,
plus more; Household items and décor; Medical equipment, wheel chair, walkers,
crutches, more; Camping equipment; Lots and lots of merchandise. 843-293-7782.
- YARD SALE - Dec. 15 and 16. 8AM. Captains Cove, Buccaneer St., Murrells Inlet.
New knives (excellent Christmas gifts), general household items, battery operated
tools, hand tools and misc.
DECEMBER LOCAL EVENTS:
- Conway Celebration of Lights through Dec. 31. Marina Dr., Conway. 5:30-10PM.
This driving light show is approximately 1 mile long and features thousands of lights
and unique displays. Special attractions such as a live nativity scene, live music
performed by local groups, S’mores station and other fun events will take place.
Enter the Celebration of Lights by 3rd Ave. and follow the signs. Charge per
vehicle or per person unknown. Sorry. Visit conwayparksandrecreation.com for
more info or call 843-488-1950 for prices and more information.
- Nights of a Thousand Candles - Through Dec. 17. Brookgreen Gardens, 1931
Brookgreen Dr., Murrells Inlet, 3-10:00 PM. 843-235-6019. More than 5500 hand-
lit candles and countless sparkling lights. Walk the paths with a warm cup of cider,
hear the sounds of holiday music, carolers singing, and celebrate the season with
family and friends. The gardens are only open from 3 - 10 p.m. and the zoo is
closed during this event.
- The Great Christmas Light Show - North Myrtle Beach - Through Dec. 31, closed
Christmas day. North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex, 150 Citizens Circle,
North Myrtle Beach, 5:30-9:30 PM. The Great Christmas Light Show is a park-wide
lighted celebration that is sure to capture the true spirit of the season! The drive
through light show will feature over 2 million lights festively displayed along a 1.5
mile drive. Over 500 magical light displays, some up to 55 feet tall, have been
custom made for The Great Christmas Light Show. Visitors will experience 20
enchanting animated figures and holiday scenes where the lights will come to life.
NEW this year, a section of lights come alive to synchronized music. Visit Santa’s
Village, enjoy hot chocolate and s’mores, get an up close look at the lights on the
Santa Express Train Ride, experience the Go Ape lighted tree top adventure, go
tubing down Santa’s new 40 inflatable slide and, of course, meet Santa! The Santa’
s Village is open Friday and Saturday only through December 9. Price starts at
$15 per vehicle for 1-15 guests to drive through. Other attractions are at an
additional cost. Visit parks.nmb.us for more information.
- Franklin G. Burroughs / Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum - Through Dec. 14, 3100 S.
Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, 10-4:00 PM. 843-238-2510. The exhibition is
comprised of over 200 works of art borrowed from 48 private Grand Strand
collections varying from ancient Egyptian artifacts and historical prints to modern
and contemporary sculpture and paintings. Free admission everyday; Tues.
through Sat. 10am-4pm, Sun. 1-4pm. Call 843.238.2510 or visit our website at
MyrtleBeachArtMuseum.org for more information.
- Kaminski House Museum Christmas - Through Dec. 29. 1003 Front Str.,
Georgetown, 843-546-7706. The Museum is decking the halls and the rooms this
holiday season with the help of some very talented local interior designers. The
holiday tours will be offered at the museum through November and close on Friday,
December 29. Candlelight tours of the museum will also be available during the
- Christmas Tree Lighting in Little River - Dec. 1, 5:30PM. NMB Park & Sports
Complex, 150 Citizens Circle, Little River. Join Santa and his friends at the North
Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex for the lighting of the City Christmas Tree.
Santa and friends, activities, entertainment and refreshments are available for
children of all ages. A great start to your holiday season!
- Murrells Inlet Christmas Tree Lighting, Dec. 1, 5-7PM. Park next to Hot Fish Club.
Santa and Mrs. Claus will be there for pictures. murrellsinletsc.com
- Springmaid Pier December Craft Show - Dec. 1-3. Friday-Sat. 9-3; Sunday 9-3. $5
parking, free admission.
- Annual Atalaya Holiday Celebration - December 2 from 11 AM to 4 PM at
Huntington Beach State Park on US 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield
Beach. Admission - $3 plus Park Admission. The event includes Holiday decorated
rooms, vendors/crafts, baked good, and musical entertainment. Lunch catered by
Pop Pop’s Pit BBQ. Sponsored by The Friends of Huntington Beach State Park.
- North Myrtle Beach Christmas Parade - Dec. 2. Main Street, N. Myrtle Beach, 5:30-
7:00 PM. 843-281-2662.
- Aynor Christmas Parade & Holiday Market - Dec. 2, 10-5PM. Aynor Town Park.
Parade starts at 10:00. Holiday Market will be at the Aynor Town Park from 10 to 5
pm. Tree lighting at 5:30. Come out and see Santa and enjoy the market and lunch
at the food trucks.
- Holiday Market at the Market Common - Dec. 2, 9, & 16. Howard Avenue at The
Market Common, 4017 Deville St., Myrtle Beach, Noon-4PM. 843-839-3500.
Seasonal craft vendors, live greens, and fresh food.
- Christmas on the Farm / L. W. Paul Living History Farm - Dec. 2, 2279 Harris Short
Cut Rd., Conway, 9-4:00PM. Experience Christmas on the Farm as it would have
been from 1900-1955. Demonstrations will be centered around activities that would
have taken place in the farm house as the family got ready for the magical season
of Christmas with food being prepared on the wood burning stove. Open Tuesday -
Saturday 9 AM - 4 PM. Free and open to the public. 843-365-3596 or email us at
email@example.com. For a full list of programs and events at the Horry
County Museum and L. W. Paul Living History Farm, visit our website at www.
- Christmas Cantata - Dec 2 & 3. Ocean Drive Presbyterian Church, 6th Ave. S. &
Hillside Drive, North Myrtle Beach, 843-249-2312. An annual tradition and for many
the highlight of the holiday season. Church choirs from the North Myrtle Beach
area join to create a musical program you will not soon forget. Tickets are required
for admission and are available at the North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce
(843) 281-2662. Open to all ages. Dec. 2nd 3:30 PM / Dec. 3rd 3:30 PM & 6:30
- A Very Broadway Christmas - Dec. 2. Broadway at the Beach, 1325 Celebrity
Circle, Myrtle Beach,11-8:00 PM. 843-444-3200. Begin the day with the Ripley’s
Attractions Myrtle Beach Holiday Parade at 11am, followed by musical
performances and kids’ activities along The Avenue from 1pm - 4pm, leading up to
our tree lighting celebration at 6pm! Plus fireworks at 8PM. It’s a full, fun, festive
and family day!
- Murrells Inlet Holiday Tour of Homes - Dec. 2, 10-4PM. Various Houses Across
Murrells Inlet. Visit murrellsinletsc.com
- Murrells Inlet Christmas Parade - Dec. 3, 3PM. Along Hwy 17 Business, begins at
Sunnyside Ave; Ends at Wachesaw Rd. murrellsinletsc.com
- Breakfast with Santa & Mrs. Clause - Dec. 3, 10, 17, Broadway at the Beach, 1318
Celebrity Circle Myrtle Beach. 9-11:00 AM. 843-946-0007 ext. 208. Breakfast
Buffet, Free Activities, and a Christmas Treat from Mrs. Claus! Call for
reservations 843-946-0007. $10.95 per person / children under 2 free.
- North Myrtle Beach Christmas Tree Lighting - Dec. 5. NMB Park & Sports Complex
at the Sandhills Bank Amphitheater, 150 Citizens Circle, North Myrtle Beach, 5:30
PM. 843-280-5570. Join Santa and his friends for the lighting of the City Christmas
Tree. Activities, entertainment and refreshments are available for children of all
ages. A great start to your holiday season! Free event.
- Wigs for Cancer 7th Annual Gala - Dec. 6, 5:30PM. Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
Convention Center, 1000 Beach Club Dr., Myrtle Beach. Entertainment by The
Embers featuring Craig Woolard with Master of Ceremonies DJ Ray Scott. Live
Auction, Silent Auction, Sit-Down Dinner, Cash Bar. Call Marlisa (843) 424-1638 or
843-340-2343 for more information and tickets. Or visit marlisawigstudio.com
- Documentary Film Series at the Horry County Museum - Dec. 6, 13, 20, 27. Horry
County Museum, 805 Main Street, Conway, 1-2:00 PM. Featuring films from the
Museum’s collection. This month’s films include the final installment of the PBS
series Rebels & Redcoats: The World Turned Upside Down (December 6th),
Season of Valor: The Battle of the Bulge (December 13th), Back to the Battlefield
featuring local veteran Mike Fitch (December 20th), and Men of Honor: Freddie
Stowers & Alvin York) December 27th). Films will be shown in the auditorium at the
Horry County Museum located at 805 Main Street, Conway, SC. Showings are free
and open to the public. For more information, call 843-915-5320 or www.
- National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day - December 7th.
- Rivertown Christmas Celebration - Dec. 7 & 14. Downtown Conway. 6-8PM. 843-
248-6260. Visit from Santa at 6PM, City Hall, Tree lighting ceremony, live window
displays, horse drawn carriage rides.
- Myrtle Beach Cup - Dec- 8-10. Myrtle Beach Convention Center, 2101 N. Oak
Street, Myrtle Beach.
- Conway Recreation Breakfast with Santa Time - December 9, 7:30-9:30. Conway
Recreation Center, 1515 Mill Pond Rd., Conway. $5 per person. Register online
at www.ConwayParksandRecretion.com. Santa Paws Pictures, 10AM. Call 843-
488-1950 for more information.
- Surfside Beach Christmas Parade - Dec. 9, 2-3PM. Ocean Blvd. & Surfside Drive.
- Christmas Towne - Dec. 10, 3-5:30PM. Myrtle Beach Convention Center outside,
2101 North Oak St., Myrtle Beach, 800-356-3016. Free event & parking.
- Lighting of the Menorah at The Market Common - Dec. 12-20. Valor Park at The
Market Common, 4017 Deville St., Myrtle Beach, 5:30-6:00 PM. 843-839-3500.
- Annual MarshWalk Santa Crawl - Dec. 16. Murrells Inlet MarshWalk, 4025 Hwy 17,
Murrells Inlet, 5-10PM. 843-299-1221. Join the fun at our holiday bar crawl along
the MarshWalk. Participants will quench their thirst on exclusive drink specials while
dressed in their finest Christmas themed attire. Prizes will be awarded to the
individual/group whose costume best expresses the holiday season
- Christmas Music on the Farm - Dec 16, 2017. L. W. Paul Living History Farm , 2279
Harris Short Cut Road, Conway. 1-3:30 PM. Favorite Christmas music performed
live in the church building at the farm. Free and open to the public.
- St. Nicholas Orthodox Church Annual Holiday Cookie Sale - Dec. 16. St. Nicholas
Orthodox Church, 404 N. Maple St. Myrtle Beach, 11-4 PM. 843-283-2402.
- Beach Ball Classic - Dec. 26-30. One of the top high school holiday basketball
tournaments in the nation. Visit beachballclasic.com for more information and
tickets. Myrtle Beach Convention Center, 2101 N Oak St., Myrtle Beach
- New Year’s Eve at Brookgreen Gardens - Dec. 31, 1931 Brookgreen Dr., Murrells
Inlet, 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. 843-235-6019. Thousands of hand-lit candles, holiday
lights, and music. Space is limited for this special evening in the gardens and
advanced tickets are required. Tickets are $15 for members and $20 for non-
members. Light refreshments will be available for purchase.
- New Years Eve Fireworks at Barefoot Landing - Dec. 31, 6PM. Barefoot Landing,
4898 Hwy 17 S, North Myrtle Beach
FOR MORE EVENT LISTING DURING THE MONTH OF JANUARY, BE SURE TO PICK UP
A PAPER LOCATED INSIDE YOUR LOCAL FOOD LIONS AND KROGERS.
|FREE PICTURE ADS FOR THE LOCALS!
For sale by owner merchandise, located in Horry / Georgetown county, priced at ;
$10 or more, and a phone number for contact.
Mail picture to