Monthly Events / Community Happenings / Yard Sales
Advertising Unlimited, Inc.
|YOUR BUSINESS AD HERE
Link your website to your ad!
FREE for non-profit organizations, churches, animal adoptions, etc., in Horry and
FREE YARD SALE NOTICES.
Events can change OR change at any time, please be sure to check with the event
organizer before attending.
- GEORGETOWN COUNTY FIRST STEPS are now accepting bids to assist and
facilitate our new 3k program. Our new program will implement and assist to train,
hire, and supervise staff to support services to children to be successful in the
coming years of their education. Please send bids to 2018 Church St.
Georgetown, SC. Or call 843-520-1830 for more information.
- DO YOU HAVE FAMILY OR FRIEND(S) STRUGGLING WITH DRUG ADDICTION?
Nar-anon is an anonymous support group for you. Sundays, 7PM, 1147 Robert
Grissom Pkwy., first floor of CORE Fitness; Thursdays, 7PM, 506 9th Ave N.,
behind church in Music Center.
- FREE PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS - Non profit events only that helps the
community and/or local residence. Some restrictions do apply. Advertising
Unlimited has the right to use our own discretion on what is considered free and
what is to be charged. Call or email us 843-236-7956 Monday-Friday 9-5 /
AUGUST YARD / MOVING SALES:
- Moving sale Friday August 4th and Saturday August 5th from 8am until 1pm.
Indoor sale so rain or shine. 1804 GIBSON AVENUE, Surfside Beach. Sport
equipment, patio furniture, bike, furniture, home decor, grill, and much more.
- MOVING SALE / WOOD LAKE - August 11th and 12th, 9AM-1PM. 1204 Song
- INDOOR / OUTDOOR YARD SALE - August 11 & 12th, 10am-2pm. Lots of stuff,
rain or shine. 8402 Bloomwood Dr. MB. Laurel Woods off Hwy. 707, balloons will
be out front.
- DOWN-SIZING SALE / WHOLE HOUSE, EVERYTHING MUST GO - Many
antiques, Queen size beds, jelly cupboard, sofas, tables, everything. Call for
appointment to see, 843-903-5485.
- SHED SALE - Till everything is gone. Power tools, beach chairs, beach
umbrellas, 36x80 aluminum screen door, furniture, antique large wash basin with
pitcher, folding shopping cart and more. 90 Beacon Ct., Murrells Inlet, 2 miles
north of Huntington State Park. 843-516-9173.
- YARD SALE - Sept. 7 and 8, 8am-3pm. Hand tools, power tools, new hunting and
pocket knives, handicap motor scooter, misc. items. Captains Cover, Buccaneer
AUGUST LOCAL EVENTS:
- N.M.B. Humane Society’s Storm in and adopt a cat - Now through August 5.
Adoption fees for adults cats just $10 and for kittens $25. Fees include
spay/neuter, microchip, vaccines and FIV/FeLV testing. North Myrtle Beach
Humane Society, 409 Bay St, North Myrtle Beach, (843) 249-4948 / www.
- Conway Recreation Fall Youth Sports Registration - Through August 25. 843-488-
- Summer Fireworks Extravaganza at Broadway at the Beach - August 1 and every
Friday and Tuesday during August, 10PM.
- Music on Main - Through September 28. Main Street in North Myrtle Beach, 202
Main Street, 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. 843-280-5570. Live bands, shop and dance,
bring your beach chair. Free and for everyone.
- Support Camp Sunshine from TSC for Kids with Cancer & Their Families - August
1, 8, 22, 29. Tropical Smoothie Cafe North Myrtle Beach, 1400 Hwy. 17 N, Unit 4,
North Myrtle Beach. Be sure to check on this event before attending visit www.
- Little River Farmers Market - August 2, 9, 16, 23, 30. Historic Little River
Waterfront, 4460 Mineola Ave.
- SummerFest at Barefoot Landing - Through September 2. Barefoot Landing,
4898 Hwy 17 S., North Myrtle Beach. 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. 843-272-8349. Live
entertainment every night, jugglers, stilt walkers, dance demonstrations, kids face
painting, visits from princesses and super heroes.
- Sounds of Summer at the North Myrtle Beach Parks & Sports Complex - Now
through Sept. 15. NMB Park & Sports Complex, 150 Citizens Circle, Little River, 7:
00 PM to 9:00 PM. Enjoy an evening with your family and friends listening to live
music at the amphitheater under the stars. Each concert will feature a different
band playing family friendly music. Bring a beach chair or blanket. Snacks and
drinks available for purchase. Tobacco products, coolers, outside food and
beverages are not allowed. FREE Admission & Open to all ages.
- Surfside Harmony Chorus - August 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, 7:00-9:30PM. Surfside
Presbyterian Church, 8732 US Hwy 17 Bypass S., Myrtle Beach.
- ...Events continued on page 5.
- South Carolinians in WWII - Horry County Museum Documentary Film Series -
August 2 and recurring weekly on Wednesdays until September 20. Horry County
Museum, 805 Main Street, Conway, 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM, (843) 915-5320. For
more information, call the Horry County museum at 843-915-5320 or email
- First Annual Myrtle Beach Nationals Car and Truck Show - August 3-5. Myrtle
Beach Speedway, 455 Hospitality Lane, Myrtle Beach. 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Live
entertainment, food, drive-in-movie, costume contest, photo shoots, gorgeous
automobiles, and great fellowship. For more information visit www.mbnationals.
com. Show car entry is $25 during pre-registration now thru July 24th and $30
July 25th to August 5th. Photographer and model competition entry is $15.
Spectator admission for the show is $5. Kids 11 & under are free.
- Craftman’s Classic Art and Craft Festival - August 4-6, Myrtle Beach Convention
- Walmart 2017 Hurricane Classic Annual Golf Tournament - August 4. True Blue
Golf Club, 900 Blue Stem Dr., Pawleys Island, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM. For
additional information call 843-477-0020 or 609-744-0099. Showcase your
company in association with the American Red Cross Champion Autism Network.
For information call 843-477-0020 or 609-744-0099. Hurricane Classic
Committee will donate all funds raised from the Hurricane Classic, less
reasonable event costs, to support the American Red Cross and Champion
Autism Network, Inc. Funds raised will be split evenly between the two charities.
- Movies Under the Stars / Disney’s Moana (PG) - August 4. Valor Park @ The
Market Common , 4017 Deville St., Myrtle Beach. 9:00-11:00 PM. 843-839-3500.
Bring chairs or blanket.
- 35th Annual Craftsmen’s Summer Classic Art & Craft Festival - August 4-6, 10:00
AM to 6:00 PM. Myrtle Beach Convention Center, 2101 N. Oak St. Myrtle Beach.
$8/Adult, $1/Child (6-12), Under 6 Free Admission. Call 336-282-5550
- Farmers Market on Deville Street, Market Common - August 5 and every
Saturday until Sept. 30th, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. 843-839-3500. Baked Goods –
Vegetables – Fruits – Flowers – Seafood – Plants – Artisan Crafts – Jams &
Jellies and more.
- August 5, 12, 19, 26 - Conway Farmers Market 8am-1pm Laurel St. Conway, SC
- Conway Writing Group - August 5 & 19, 10:00am -noon, Conway Public Library,
801 Main St..Conway. All genres and adult writers welcome. 10 a.m.-noon, first
and third Saturdays, Conway Public Library meeting room. Bring a short piece of
your writing and something with which to take/give notes. (Copies of your work
are appreciated.) Questions? Email email@example.com.
- 17 Customs Presents: The Highway to Charity Poker Run - August 6, 2:00pm - 5:
00pm. 17 Customs, 724 Hwy 17, Little River, Poker Run of non-profits. Goal is to
promote awareness of support for four wonderful organizations in the local
community. All proceeds will benefit each charity: Sea Haven, Inc., Julie’s Kids,
Inc., Little River Medical Center, and Chuck Shearer-Leukemia Foundation! Call
Dew for more information 843.254.0936 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indie Market on Laurel - August 6. Entrance to the Riverwalk, 104 Laurel St.,
Conway 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM. 843-248-4527. Over 50 local artists and
musicians. Spend the day, enjoy the river and meet your local creative
community. Large variety of handmade, homegrown and local goods for sale.
Visit www.createconway.org or call Barbara at 843-248-4527 for info.
- Sunday Serenades - Sunday, August 6 and every Sunday until October 15. The
Gazebo, Fuller Park/Passive Park, corner Surfside Dr. and Willow Dr., Surfside 2:
00 to 5:00 PM . Spend a relaxing Sunday afternoon under the shade of the live
oaks with the area’s best singers and songwriters. Free admission. Bring a beach
chair, golf cart, or blanket. 843-450-7281.
- Fireworks at Barefoot Landing - August 7, 14, 21, 28, 10PM.
- FREE Movie Night at Myrtle Beach Speedway - Feature Movie is “StarWars
Rogue One” - August 11. Myrtle Beach Speedway, 455 Hospitality Ln., Myrtle
Beach. Movie starts at dark. 843-236-0500. Bring the entire family, lawn chairs,
and blankets for a FREE family friendly movie night.
- Movies @ McLean Park - August 11, North Myrtle Beach - Secret Life of Pets
(PG), starts 15 minutes after sunset. Bring a beach chair or blanket
- Movies Under the Stars - August 11, BACK TO THE FUTURE (PG), Valor Park @
The Market Common, 4017 Deville Sr., Myrtle Beach. 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM. 843-
- Special low cost dog and cat microchipping - August 12, $10 each. Grand Strand
Humane Society, 8 am until noonm 3241 10th Avenue Ext N, Myrtle Beach, (843)
- ColorBurst 5K - August 12. TicketReturn.com Field, 1251 21st Ave N., Myrtle
Beach, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Bringing everyone together in a Technicolor burst
of energy and excitement. It’s a celebration of life, community spirit and healthy
living. Walk into a blank canvas, and you’ll walk out like a rainbow. Visit
TicketReturn.com Field for more information
- Documentary Film: Men of Honor - Alvin York & Freddie Stowers - August 12,
Horry County Museum, 805 Main Street, Conway, 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM. (843) 915-
5320. The stories of two Medal of Honor recipients from WWI, Freddie Stowers
and Alvin York. Stowers, a native of South Carolina, was a corporal and squad
leader who was killed in action while leading an assault that helped to break the
German line in northern France. He became the first African-American soldier to
receive the award. Also, a corporal in the U.S. Army, York went from being a
conscientious objector to war hero when he captured more than 100 German
prisoners of war in combat.
- Active Adult Series: Horry County in the Civil War - August 15, Horry County
Museum, 805 Main Street, Conway, 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM, (843) 915-5320. Horry
County’s involvement in the American Civil War. For more information, call the
Horry County museum at 843-915-5320 or email email@example.com
- Staff, International Culinary Institute of MB Sweet and Sassy Southern Cooking
Tour Demonstrations & Tastings - August 16. Culinary Institute, 920 Crabtree
Lane, Myrtle Beach, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM. 843-238-2510. Two Culinary Institute
chefs will demonstrate savory and sweet southern dishes using the freshest
seasonal produce in the Institute’s state-of-the-art teaching facility. Participants
will enjoy tastings as they learn about Horry Georgetown Technical College’s
progressive culinary arts programs, including exciting cooking classes available to
non-students. A behind-the-scenes tour will take us into the high tech kitchen
classrooms as well as the serenely beautiful Fowler Dining Room. Reservations
required, call the Art Museum at 843.238.2510 for all reservations.
- The Market Common Free Outdoor Concert: Liverpool, The Beatles Tribute Band
- August 17, Valor Park, The Market Common, 4017 Deville Street, Myrtle Beach,
7:00 PM to 10:00 PM, (843) 839-3500. A great night of live music. Beer, wine, soft
drinks and snacks will be available for purchase. No coolers or outside drinks
- Movies Under the Stars - MONSTERS UNIVERSITY (G), August 18, Valor Park,
The Market Common, 4017 Deville Street, Myrtle Beach, 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM,
(843) 839-3500. Bring your beach chairs or blankets and enjoying a movie
outdoors with friends and family for free.
- Music at the Farm - Featuring the Dobro Guitar - August 19, L. W. Paul Living
History Farm , 2279 Harris Short Cut Road, Conway, 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM, (843)
365-3596. Learn the history of this instrument, free and open to the public. For
more information, call the Living History Museum at 843-365-3596 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org For a list of programs and events at the Horry
County Museum and L. W. Paul Living History Farm, visit www.
- Solar Eclipse Party - August 21. Avista Resort., 300 N. Ocean Boulevard, North
Myrtle Beach. Live entertainment. Eclipse begins at 1:18PM, peaks at 2:47PM,
and ends at 4:09PM. Complimentary solar eclipse viewing glasses will be
- Solar Eclipse Party - August 21. Grande Shores Resort, 201 77th Ave. N., Myrtle
Beach, 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. (855) 707-4712. Enjoy food and beverage specials
from our pool bar and an eclipse themed activity for children. Complimentary
solar eclipse viewing glasses will be provided to each guest!
- Solar Eclipse Party - August 21. Prince Resort, 3500 North Ocean Boulevard,
North Myrtle Beach, 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. (855) 710-4945. Complimentary solar
eclipse viewing glasses will be provided to each guest!
- Solar Eclipse Viewing Party - August 21, Kaminski House Museum, 1003 Front
Street, in historic downtown Georgetown, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Bring your chairs
and blankets for this special viewing on the lawn. For more details call 843-546-
7706 or visit our website at KaminskiMuseum.org. Live music / Water, beer, wine
and soft drinks will be for sale.
- Eclipse Day at The MarshWalk of Murrells Inlet - August 21.
- Solar Eclipse - August 21, Myrtle Beach State Park, 1-4PM.
- Topics Trivia - August 22nd and recurring monthly on the 4th Tuesday until
November 28, Chapin Memorial Library, 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. (843) 918-1295.
Teams of one to six players. For more information, call Laura at 843-918-1295 or
- Wash Day at the L.W. Paul Living History Farm - August 22nd and recurring
monthly on the 4th Tuesday of the month. 2279 Harris Short Cut Road, Conway,
9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, (843) 365-3596. Experience life on the “one horse farm” in
Horry County from 1900-1955. Free and open to the public. Visit our website at
- Movies Under the Stars - THE ADAMS FAMILY (PG-13), August 25, Valor Park,
The Market Common, (843) 839-3500. Bring beach chairs or blankets.
- 2017 MBHS Annual Kickoff Banquet Fundraiser hosted by The Myrtle Beach High
School Booster Club - August 26, Pine Lakes Country Club, 5603 Woodside Dr.,
Myrtle Beach, 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM, (843) 455-2612. Silent Auction, and a
Reverse Raffle with chances to win up to $10,000. Live entertainment throughout
the evening by “Who Shot JR”, dinner, beer and wine. All proceeds from this
event will directly benefit the student athletes of Myrtle Beach High School. Like
our Facebook page Myrtle Beach High School All Sports Booster Club for the
latest details and Kickoff Banquet information and visit our website https:
//Seahawkboosterclub.ejoinme.org/theboost to buy your tickets online. Tickets
also available from any Booster Club member. Go Seahawks!
- Cadet & Boy Soldiers of South Carolina during the Civil War - August 26, Horry
County Museum , 805 Main Street, Conway, 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM, (843) 915-
5320. Joe Long, Curator of Education for the SC Confederate Relic Room and
Military Museum will present stories of the “South Carolina Junior Reserves: as
these young men served through all the dangers and miseries of the Carolinas
Campaign of 1865. These boys took to the fields in our nation’s greatest and
most tragic conflict.
- Wash Day on the Farm -August 29, L. W. Paul Living History Farm, 2279 Harris
Short Cut Road, Conway, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, (843) 365-3596. Experience life
on the one horse farm in Horry County from 1900-1955.
- OCTOBER 20 - Waccamaw Economic Opportunity Council, Inc. Healthier,
Wealthier & Wiser Health Fair. 9:30 am to 1:30 pm at the Boys & Girls Club of
Conway, 1413 2nd Avenue. Free health screenings and door prizes. Visit us at:
|FREE PICTURE ADS FOR THE LOCALS!
For sale by owner merchandise, located in Horry / Georgetown county, priced at ;
$10 or more, and a phone number for contact.
Mail picture to