Monthly Events / Community Happenings / Yard Sales
Advertising Unlimited, Inc.
|YOUR BUSINESS AD HERE
Link your website to your ad!
FREE for non-profit organizations, churches, animal adoptions, etc., in Horry and
FREE YARD SALE NOTICES.
Events can change OR change at any time, please be sure to check with the event
organizer before attending.
YARD / MOVING SALES:
AUGUST YARDS SALES
- Murrells Inlet Church of God Yard Sale - Saturday, July 8 - 8:00am. 608 Gibson
Avenue, In Building Behind Sanctuary. Proceeds support summer camp for
church youth and United Way Hurricane Matthew NC Disaster Recovery Center
for Robeson County
- YARD SALE - July 14, 15, & 16 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) 13 Buccaneer St.,
Captain’s Cove, in Murrells Inlet. New and used tools, handicap scooter (possible
prior sale), household, lawn furniture, new 4000 watt generator that’s never been
used, paid $525 / sell $400. 843-651-1571.
- DOWN-SIZING SALE / WHOLE HOUSE, EVERYTHING MUST GO - Many
antiques, Queen size beds, jelly cupboard, sofas, tables, everything. Call for
appointment to see, 843-903-5485.
- SHED SALE - Till everything is gone. Power tools, beach chairs, beach
umbrellas, 36x80 aluminum screen door, furniture, antique large wash basin with
pitcher, folding shopping cart and more. 90 Beacon Ct., Murrells Inlet, 2 miles
north of Huntington State Park. 843-516-9173.
- INDOOR / OUTDOOR YARD SALE - August 11 & 12th. Lots of stuff, rain or
shine. 8402 Bloomwood Dr. MB. Laurel Woods off Hwy. 707, balloons will be out
JULY LOCAL EVENTS:
- Kayak on the Waccamaw - Summer Series through October 6. Waccamaw River,
2830 Oak St., Conway, 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. 843-915-7883. Guided trips are
approximately 2 hours and suitable for all experience levels. All equipment
provided.. Special trips may be arranged for parties of 5 or more.
- Annual July 4th Boat Parade - July 1. Murrells Inlet MarshWalk, 4025 Hwy 17,
Murrells Inlet, 843-299-1221. begins at the Garden City Point at high tide and
winds through the inlet, past the MarshWalk and South to Morse Park Landing.
- Christopher Boyle: The Declaration of Independence - July 1. Horry County
Museum, 805 Main Street, Conway, 843-915-5320. 1-2:00pm. Learn the
importance of this historic document and the compromises that the colonies had
to make in order to produce the final product.
- Conway Farmer’s Market - July 1, 8, 15, 22, 29. Laurel St., Conway, 8am-1pm.
- Farmers Market on Deville Street - July 1st and every Saturday until September
30. Deville Street at The Market Common, 4017 Deville St.,Myrtle Beach, 10:-3:
00 PM. 843-839-3500.
- Conway Riverfest - July 1. Riverfront Park, 203 Main St., Conway. 843-248-
2273. 11AM-10PM. Enjoy a variety of artisan and food vendors, local
entertainment, and a golf cart parade. The Kidz Zone, just for the kids, offers
pony rides, jello jump, games and more. The night will end with a Fireworks
Extravaganza at 9:30 PM. Live entertainment from 3-9:30PM.
- Sunday Serenades - July 2nd and every Sunday until October 15. The Gazebo
at Fuller Park / Passive Park, Surfside Beach. 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. 843-450-
7281. Live entertainment featuring 3 performers. Bring a beach chair, golf cart,
- SummerFest at Barefoot Landing - Through September 2. Barefoot Landing,
4898 Hwy 17 S., North Myrtle Beach. 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. 843-272-8349. Live
entertainment every night, jugglers, stilt walkers, dance demonstrations, kids face
painting, visits from princesses and super heroes.
- Fireworks at Barefoot Landing - July 3, 4, 10, 17, 24, 10PM.
- Conway Recreation Adult Kickball Registration - July 3 through August 4 843-488-
- Summer Fireworks Extravaganza at Broadway at the Beach, July 4, 11, 18, 25 -
- Kaminski House July 4th with Indigo Choral Society - July 4. Kaminski House
Museum, 1003 Front Street, Georgetown, 7PM. Concert, boat parade, fireworks.
Bring lawn chairs and blankets for free concerts on the lawn. 843-546-7706.
- Independence Day 8k - July 4, Market Common, 4005 Howard Avenue, 4017
Deville Street Myrtle Beach, 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Race begins at 7:30AM. Call
843) 839-3500 for more info
- Marshwalk 4th of July Celebration - Murrells Inlet MarshWalk, 4025 Hwy 17,
Murrells Inlet, 10:00 PM to 9:00 PM. 843-299-1221. Celebrate Independence Day
and your Palmetto Pride with family and friends on the MarshWalk. Enjoy the
Grand Strand’s largest aerial fireworks show over the Murrells Inlet MarshWalk at
- Hula Show - July 4, 11, 18, 25. Next to Surfside Pier, Surfside Beach, 7:00 PM to
8:00 PM. 843-650-9548.
- Salute From The Shore VIII - July 4, 1PM. Flyover by F-16s from the 20th Fighter
WIng at Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, as well as other military
aircraft. The Flyover will commence at 1:00 PM in Cherry Grove and conclude
over the May River Sandbar in Bluffton, SC around 1:30 PM. Event coordinators
are also working with volunteer pilots to organize vintage military aircraft to follow
behind the F-16s. The vintage planes’ flights are dependent on weather and a
variety of mechanical conditions necessary to ensure a safe flight. Salute from
the Shore urges visitors to “Salute” by wearing and waving red, white and blue on
the beaches during the flyover. Salute from the Shore also encourages
participants to share their stories about why they love America and those that
protect it by posting their own video and images of the event on social networks
to be seen by American Armed Forces deployed throughout the world.
Participants can share online at www.salutefromtheshore.org , Facebook www.
facebook.com/SalutefromtheShore , Twitter @July4Salute , #SalutefromtheShore
and Instagram @July4salute , #SalutefromtheShore.
- Music on Main - Through September 28. Main Street in North Myrtle Beach, 202
Main Street, 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. 843-280-5570. Live bands, shop and dance,
bring your beach chair. Free and for everyone.
- Little River Farmers Market - July 5 and every Wednesday through Oct. 6. 1:00-6:
00pm. 1949 Industrial Shopping,4460 Mideola Ave. Little River. Farmers market,
food, eat local, local food.
- FREE Movie Night at Myrtle Beach Speedway featuring “Trolls” - July 7 and the
2nd Friday of every month. Myrtle Beach Speedway, 455 Hospitality Lane, Myrtle
Beach. 7-10PM. 843-236-0500. Movie starts at dusk. Bring blankets & chiars.
- MOVIES UNDER THE STARS - SING (PG) - July 7, Valor Park, Market Common,
Address: 4017 Deville Street Myrtle Beach, 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM. 843-839-3500.
- Beat the Heat Walking Tour Downtown Conway - July 8, Conway Visitor Center,
313 Main Street, Conway. 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM. 843-248-6260. One mile tour of
Historic Downtown Conway. The tour is $5 per person and free for Conway Alive
Partners. Reserve your spot at conwayalive.com . For more information contact
Conway Downtown Alive at 843 248 6260.
- Conway Recreation Youth Lacrosse Camp - July 10-23. 843-488-1950.
- Crafter’s Cove - July 12 and every Wednesday through August 9. Next to the
Surfside Pier, Surfside Beach. 9:30-11:00 AM. 843-650-9548.
- MOVIES UNDER THE STARS - FINDING DORY - July 14. Valor Park, The Market
Common, 4017 Deville St., Myrtle Beach, 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM. 843-839-3500.
Bring beach chairs or blankets and enjoying a movie outdoors with friends and
family for free.
- Movies @ McLean Park in North Myrtle Beach - July 14. 93 Oak Dr., N. Myrtle
Beach. Movies will begin 15 minutes after sunset. Bring your beach chair,
blanket, grab popcorn and a drink from the North Myrtle Beach Lions Club.
- Traditional Music on the Farm - July 15. 1-3:00PM. .W. Paul Living History Farm,
2279 Harris Short Cut Road, Conway. Wayne Skipper 843.365.3596.
- Conway Recreation Youth Tennis/Volleyball Camp - July 17-20. 843-488-1950.
- Little League Football Registration CF Community Church - July 17. 843-903-
- The Market Common Free Outdoor Concert: A Jason Aldean Tribute Band - July
20. Valor Park, Market Common, 4017 Deville St., Myrtle Beach. 7:00-10:00 PM.
843-839-3500. Bring lawn chairs, blankets, the kids and even the fur babies.
- Conway Recreation Community Clean Up Day Time - July 20. 843-488-1950.
- MOVIES UNDER THE STARS - GREASE (PG-13) - July 21. Valor Park, The
Market Common, 4017 Deville St., Myrtle Beach. 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM. 843-839-
3500. Bring lawn chairs or blankets.
- Sounds of Summer at the North Myrtle Beach Parks & Sports Complex - Through
September 15. NMB Park & Sports Complex, 150 Citizens Circle, Little River. 7:00
PM to 9:00 PM Live music at the amphitheater under the stars. Bring a beach
chair or blanket. No coolers.
- Topics Trivia - July 25 and every 4th Tuesday of the month until November 28.
Chapin Memorial Library, Myrtle Beach,. 4-6:00 PM. 843-918-1295. Teams of one
to six players. Topics include literature, geography, sports, television, history and
movies. For more information, call Laura at 843-918-1295 or email
- MOVIES UNDER THE STARS - DISNEY’S ZOOTOPIA (PG) - July 28. Valor Park,
The Market Common, 4017 Deville St., Myrtle Beach. 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM. 843-
839-3500. Bring chairs, blankets, and the kids.
- 10th Annual Rick Mommsen Jr. & Steve Ditchfield Memorial Golf Tournament &
Fundraiser - July 29. Blackmoor Golf Club, 6100 Longwood Dr., Murrells Inlet, 1:
00-6:30PM. 843- 409-7991. Registration at 12 includes green fees, cart fees,
range balls, unlimited beverages (water, soda, beer, liquor), and a steak dinner;
Shotgun 1:00. This is a captains choice tournament. All funds raised benefit
Camp Hands of Hope, an all expense paid weekend long retreat, held in Myrtle
Beach each spring, for youth and their families who have experienced the loss of
a loved one. For more information or question please contact Whitney Crislip
|FREE PICTURE ADS FOR THE LOCALS!
For sale by owner merchandise, located in Horry / Georgetown county, priced at ;
$10 or more, and a phone number for contact.
Mail picture to
MT. ZION AME CHURCH SHOE
DRIVE FUND-RAISER - Give
your gently, worn used shoes to
help others in need. Mt. Zion
AME Church, 10287 Highway
707, Myrtle Beach, SC 29575.
Contact Evangelist Elsie Thomas
843-446-4894; Sister Sheila
Wallace 843-215-5737; Sister
Sarah Smith 843-668-4210.
DO YOU HAVE FAMILY OR
FRIEND(S) STRUGGLING WITH
DRUG ADDICTION? Nar-anon is
an anonymous support group for
you. Sundays, 7PM, 1147
Robert Grissom Pkwy., first floor
of CORE Fitness; Thursdays,
7PM, 506 9th Ave N., behind
church in Music Center.
|OPEN HOUSE 6/25 12-4PM 225
Clovis Circle. Judy Casey